Front fog lamps

I want to fit front fog lamps to my furby as i wish i had then put in when i bought it. Is it easy to do and would the wiring be there just to plug in.

May need to replace the loom or the wire may be there ? Someone will be around soon and replace to a euro switch

Depends on the. Manufacter. Vauxhall for example to save making 2 looms used one. If the car they were building wasnt specd with fogs the loom was tied up behind the bumper.

Im guessing the min parts you need is at least the fogs and the headlight switch.

But im not sure doing this would work due the canbus system ?????

Hi you can change them on the fabia 1 as they came in a kit with a new light switch with fog lamp on as you pull out once for front fog and twice for rear. On the fabia 2 fog light the DRLs are in them as well so you need a switch in the fusebox

Had mine factory fittedPhoto0217-1.jpg

Hi you can change them on the fabia 1 as they came in a kit with a new light switch with fog lamp on as you pull out once for front fog and twice for rear. On the fabia 2 fog light the DRLs are in them as well so you need a switch in the fusebox

Had mine factory fittedPhoto0217-1.jpg

Hiya, sorry to butt in , butt what did you mean with regards to the DRL's inside the fogs? My 2010 fabia 2 elegance has fogs, do i have DRL's ??

Is yours the facelift model Have you got the same fog light if so look in your fuse box under wheel and turn the rocker switch on

hiya, yes i was lucky i got the 2010 model that was a facelift version before i even knew there was a facelift version. Yes it has the same fogs and the drl's are there thanks :)

hiya, yes i was lucky i got the 2010 model that was a facelift version before i even knew there was a facelift version. Yes it has the same fogs and the drl's are there thanks :)

have you swiched them on do they work.

• 5 months later...

Bit of thread resurrection here - a neighbour has just taken delivery of a brand new Fabia 1.2TSI SE Estate and would like to retrofit front fog lights, has anyone actually managed to do this, or does anyone know what it entails?

Thanks,

Peter

• 6 months later...

Can the front fog lights be retro-fitted to a Mk2 facelift Fabia 1.6 TDi CR 105 SE estate (Oct 2010)?  I saw there was a kit avaiable for the Mk 1 Fabia

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Retro-Fit_Fog_Lamp_Kit_%28Fab%7CRoomster%29_BFB700001 but cannot find anything for the Mk 2

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

You can get the FL fog lights on ebay and elsewhere. Your light switch has a pin for fog lights. You just need to pull a wire out to the front and connect the negative to an earth point. It gets more complicated if you want the cornering function as you need a controller.

Edited by 26DIPP
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

You can get the FL fog lights on ebay and elsewhere. Your light switch has a pin for fog lights. You just need to pull a wire out to the front and connect the negative to an earth point. It gets more complicated if you want the cornering function as you need a controller.

I have always wondered if it was as simple as this. I am not an electrician by any means but it seemed like an easy enough job, like you said just wire the fronts into the same wire as the rears. I couldn't understand why everyone was having a hard time retrofitting front fogs. Maybe It is more complicated idk.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

you need a new switch to do it correctly, vehicles without front fogs don't have the front option on the light switch, like the vRS.

I found this loom on eBay to retrofit the fogs, I guess you'd need to wire the end into the headlight switch using a proper connector. Right?

No I don't think so, the loom has all the correct "connectors" already on it, ie for the back of the lamps themselves, and the other wires are pre-pinned with the correct terminals to enable you to insert into the relevant connectors which according to the

listing they e-mail to you.

As mentioned in the listing, they may go into the light switch as well as the central control unit.

You would 100% need the correct light switch with Front fog option for that loom to work.

Seems like a good buy if you def want to retro fit front fog lights.

You could offcourse buy all the bits required yourself, similar to what I did to retro-fit rear electric windows, but you need the full wiring diagrams etc to see what you need to buy.

Edited by UrbanPanzer

• 7 months later...

Doubt it for a facelift mk2 fabia, dont know of any other vw that uses those fogs. 

For anyone looking to retrofit fogs, would you not just wire the fogs to a separate switch? My car has 2 blanks where the heated seat switch would go, to me that seems like an ideal spot for a switch for fogs.