Another limp mode question

On a blast yesterday up some hills around the Peak district the car went into limp mode (very slow to rev, and unable to go above 4.5k), but there was nothing indicated on the instruments? Is this normal?? Oil temp was up at 104. Parked for an hour everything was normal on driving back.

Nothing lit up at all, no misfires, was going up a 20%climb, and couldn't understand where the power had gone!! Not sure I need to clean the turbo as it's only done 8k and it gets blown out quite regulary.. ;) It's in for it's first service on Friday, so I assume it will be scanned as a matter of course?

Nothing lit up at all, no misfires, was going up a 20%climb, and couldn't understand where the power had gone!! Not sure I need to clean the turbo as it's only done 8k and it gets blown out quite regulary.. ;) It's in for it's first service on Friday, so I assume it will be scanned as a matter of course?

they will scan it but do mention it to them too :)

• Like 1

You were running at least 98ron or 99, & not just on 95?

george

I don't run anything but vpower...er apart from 20quids worth of 95 during the fuel shortage. I'll see if any shows up on the diag when in for the service.

Thinking about it, a few months ago it lost power (maybe misfire) for one second whilst accelerating hard...I nearly headbutted the windscreen then snapped my neck back in a nanosecond...most bizarre and painful!

I remember the prevous thread.

Is the Fuel you stored only 8 weeks old or so.

I no longer keep uleaded, its shelve life is low now.

We used to by in the early days of Super unleaded for using on the 1/4 miles ,Winter time Scotland, to use if the summer.

Stopped doing that years ago.

Yop will be surprised how quick unleaded goes off.

Sit a half pint in a clean covered jar and have a look in 8 weeks time.

george