Best Remap?

Sizey1980

Those look like great figures, plus the torque is at a clutch friendly level.

Just don't hoof it under 2k rpm and your clutch ought to last!

My TFSI has 403Nm* as measured on the shark dyno, I have "hoofed" it almost all the time, and have never had the slightest ptroblem with my clutch, most likely the tyres will give way long before the clutch slips, so long as you don't smash the thing about like a car mag autotester. Leave the traction control engaged and it's unlikely you'll damage your clutch in normal spirited driving unless you really are a camel.

*which is 297lb.ft in old money.

The OP's engine isn't a TFSi.

I've always read on here that planting your foot under 2k rpm is no good for the clutch, specifically the DMF. On my old Fab I did try doing this once and heard the DMF juddering and the car struggling until just over 2k rpm, I never did it again.

To the OP, all I'm saying is if it were my car, I'd wait until 2k rpm+ to properly get your foot down in the interest of preserving the life of your clutch. You'll get a feel for when is best for you to accelerate when you get used to the map & its responsiveness anyway.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

The OP's engine isn't a TFSi.

I've always read on here that planting your foot under 2k rpm is no good for the clutch, specifically the DMF. On my old Fab I did try doing this once and heard the DMF juddering and the car struggling until just over 2k rpm, I never did it again.

To the OP, all I'm saying is if it were my car, I'd wait until 2k rpm+ to properly get your foot down in the interest of preserving the life of your clutch. You'll get a feel for when is best for you to accelerate when you get used to the map & its responsiveness anyway.

Enjoy.

Personally Id agree with that view and as I understand it, some tuners take off some of the 'clutch torque limit protection' etc within the recoding to achieve better looking dyno graphs. :think:

I've just had the £150 remap from Awesome done on my A3 1.9TDI (8P) yesterday.

Its a very progressive map, quite smooth in the power delivery which I really like. Makes motorway driving a pleasure, on the hour and a 1/2 drive back it was very noticable how you don't need to change gear at much to achieve the same. Also got 52mpg driving there, and 58mpg driving back - Sheffield to manchester (m1 -> m62 -> m60) and considering driving back was with the remap I'm sure you can imagine I wasn't exactly driving normally ;) And no smoke! For the first time in 4-5 years of having a car with this engine not mapped I actually went out in it last night just for a drive about! Oh, probably the more important thing for me - no smoke!

Only downside is there's no rolling road of your car, so you don't know the numbers before and after. Personally how it drove for me was more important (even though I would liked to have known what it produced!)

Also, 30 day money back guarentee - You don't like the map, they will take it off your car and refund within the 30 days.

Good job Awesome!

• Like 2