Best Remap?

Sizey1980

Getting my Mk1 Vrs mapped soon, but now I have the option, I'm not sure where to go? I think AMD are nearest to me! And my mate has just had his mk2 octy vrs mapped there and got 211bhp.

I know there are many different places around, but are they different remaps? Any advice from owners or companies would be appreciated! Many thanks!

If your mate only got 211bhp from a remapped Mk2 Octavia vRS, then surely something is wrong?

At the wheels. Trust me I drove it, theres nothing wrong with it! And it's a Tdi BTW, should probably have said that!

Ive had every one of the big tuners maps on my last half a dozen or so cars and for pre sales advice (including not b1tching the competition's products!), quality of the actual software installed and aftersale customer service, you just cant beat Shark.

Yes, REVO does feel more aggressive on the road generally but personally I'd rather not put the drivetrain of the car through the additional strain of it. Also, if I was a betting man I'd say that the tractable, real life driveability of the Shark map is quicker on the road. :yes:

Hi guys,

I have Shark on my car and I've had about 20 Vag cars over my diving life with more than half of those having been remapped. I've had Amd, super chips, r-tech, jabba sport, RS tuning, PDT, Shark etc

Shark have good customer service, professional looking premises etc the actual power gains themselves are middle ground, but the map is very drivable.

Personally, I think Shark are good but I would go Jabba sport if you are after a good map at a good price. Revo if you want maximum power gains and money is no object (expensive but good, although service is iffy)

Shark sit in the middle, similar quality map to jabba but they are more expensive. A bit cheaper than Revo but not as good gains.

Ron

ive had an amd remap and i can honestly say i feel they looked after me and 211bhp and 306 lb ft torque speaks volumes ,The car is completely different and for me seeing it done was what it was all about not just taking some dudes word for it ,

• Like 1

Just about every variant of engine and remap from stock to heavily modified have been run on JKM's rollers during the many RR days Briskoda have had over the years.

Pretty much all the main protagonists from the tuning world including AMD, Superchips, Jabba, Chipped UK, APR, REVO, Shark Performance have been run and 'tested'. I know what I would go for given the choice and budget but the link will give you plenty of examples to help you decide ....

JKM Rolling Road Days

• Like 2

As far as I'm aware buddy, no. If your planning on going further then obviously start updating everything else. I think when you start pushing 200bhp then you may have to look at upgrading things like the clutch ect, due to the massive increase of torque and power.

MK1 Fabia VRS - Black Magic - KW Coilovers - 17" Spyders - Seat Splitter - Full Black Leather - Remap Soon

• Like 1

Remap complete! Really pleased! My phone won't let me upload a pic via tap talk for some reason?

Results are as follows:

Before: 140.3bhp

: 235.4lb/ft @2758rpm

After : 169.8bhp

: 289.9lb/ft @2758rpm

Pulled well before, now it eats road, but even at low speed just feels really good, no effort at all! AmD's service was really good and honest! Definately recommend if your considering a remap and live near essex or don't mind driving!