Think I'm Going To Cancel My Order - Storm Blue no longer a colour to order.

whiteswan

Hi

I ordered a Superb Elegance in July in Storm Blue - its taken Skoda nearly 7 weeks to now inform my dealer that Storm Blue is no longer available as a colour option.

To be honest I don't fancy any other colour - I am going to go to the dealers tomorrow to see some other colours in the flesh so to speak.

But at this moment nothing is grabbing me.

I assume there would be no problem cancelling the order and obtaining a deposit refund as they cannot supply me with the car that I wanted.

Will have to sleep on this one as I really do want one - but there is no point in parting with nearly 24 grand and settling for second best on the colour - also I assume that my wait will begin again if I choose another colour - which would put me at the end of the year or early next year - just too long to wait.

Dave

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you, mate. Shoddy practice for sure. I wish I could offer you some solace, but as you say, whatever colour you go for, its gonna mean another long wait. Unless you go for a nearly new of course...although the trouble with that is that with the current deals on offer, its not a good financial move to go for nearly new. I do hope you are happy with whatever decision you come up with. All the best.

Mike.

Yep you will get a full refund, they have broken their contract, you ordered a Storm blue one, they have not got one, know how you feel, years ago we ordered a Audi A2 with the sliding panoramic roof, ( well an ex demo) it was coming up from London on a flat bed truck in the snow and they rolled it, they tried to fob us off with an inferior model, that was the last nearly new in the country, us we want our deposit back, them--- but we will loose our quota ,us tough, so we got a brand new one, sport on the next reg for 750 less than the original car, no fancy roof but car worth £2000 more :happy:

As you say its really annoying.........It does not seem to be the dealers fault. I knew something was amiss as when I placed the order he said we should have a build date by end of August - then we went into September - and here we are with this information.

I have seen a couple of "nearly new" - but they were £3000 more than the new vehicles - and I have added a few essential extras - gone for petrol automatic as wont be doing many miles - and added keyless entry and start, electronic boot opening (both essential as I have Fibromyalgia ) - along with heated wind screen and washers, spare wheel and park assist.

Honestly don't know what to do as I would not have a "plan b" as to what other vehicle to possibly look at - it was an elegance estate.

Dave

It seems that SUK seem to be having a problem communicating changes, or the dealers don't realise the importance for the customer, like the changes to Ivory interior. Now comes with Black "A" post, "B" post and door sills front and back. Not exactly Ivory interior anymore as you can also only get black carpet - what has happened to choice?....and the government wonders why we are not spending.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you, it must be very frustrating.

Remember that if you end up buying another car because it comes in a colour that you like, then you may find that you have had to compromise on something else (price/features?).

My hope is that when you see the other colours "in the flesh" that you find one that you like.

I know that when I saw "Steel Grey" in the brochure I did not give it a second look. When I was in the dealership I saw a Superb on display and thought "Ooh, that's nice", it was, of course "Steel Grey" and it was what I ended up buying.

My first choice had been Storm Blue, then I saw the Steel Grey and ordered that instead!

For sure I agree, when spending £24k you don't want to start off with a mindset of not being happy with what you're getting, so lets hope that you see a colour that you really like and don't worry, you won't upset me if it turns out to be a colour other than Steel Grey :blush:

Hi

I saw the steel grey on here - but when saw it in showroom I did not like it - I have a black car at the moment so wanted a change - and nothing else grabbed my eye to be honest - even after another look at colours nothing is jumping out at me.

As I am spending 24 thousand pounds on a car I want it in a colour that I like - the irony of all this is that I am colour blind - but I can still see colours - I just don't know what the colour is - and the storm blue really caught my eye.

It may not be a lot of money to some people - but to me its a small fortune.....................

I did not know about the changes to the pillars inside the car either - this had not been explained by the dealer.

Why do Skoda (or the dealers) think that these changes are inconsequential?

At the moment I am a bit bemused by what has happened - it leaves me in a right mess as I am really struggling driving a manual car and I thought I would only have to struggle on for a few more weeks - but now I am back to square one.

Been searching since 8am this morning for a suitable alternative to no avail - just a waste of 7 weeks of my time really - with the knock on effect of possibly leaving me without a vehicle to drive very soon.

Dave

Dave,

It's quite likely that the order has only recently reached SUK, if the dealer was short on quota.

That said, if you've not got a confirmed build date then you should be able to change the colour without affecting delivery. In theory you can't have a build date yet, as Skoda can't build the car in the colour you ordered.

Last option, if you didn't spec any unusual options, just the normal stuff like parking sensors and tinted glass, etc then you should find a dealer with unregistered stock somewhere in the supply chain, on the boat to the UK, in the port, etc.

As others have said a full refund on the deposit is not a problem as long as a colour was specified on the order sheet or even verbally agreed with the dealer at the time of placing the order.

I hope that helps.

Storm Blue has only just come back. It was originally planned for week 7, then week 10, and then week 14, so I think the factory had some problems with it. It was an additional colour added during MY12, so there's probably not going to be an immediate similar replacement.

1. Hi
    Yep nothing near to replace it with............
    Order cancelled - I asked yesterday if I could go and collect my deposit money this morning (I paid it in cash) and was told no. I was given the option of a cheque or bank transfer - so hopefully that will be here in the next day or two - I don't understand why if I paid cash I cannot have it back in cash - but never mind.
    A complete waste of nearly seven weeks.
    The sad part about this whole saga is that I will probably be left without a vehicle now because of this - I am getting to the point (because of illness) where I am unable to drive the manual car I currently have..............
    Dave

We obviously have a different view on this so please don't take this as a negative post. It's seems important to you to have a car in time,so why don't you have a look at what's available in unallocated dealer stock and find a Superb that's as close as possible to the spec you wanted, you might be surprised by what's available for immediate delivery.

When I was buying my Superb in November 2010, the wait for estates was minimum of six months. Like you I didn't have six months to wait and I wanted a 4x4 version, which at the time was only available in 170 TDi form, so they were very rare. So I compromised on spec and colour and ten days later in early December I was picking up a black 4x4 estate in elegance spec, but without the heated window, electric tailgate etc

I hadn't seen a black superb in the flesh before, but it looks really good in that colour. I put Gtechniq G1 on the windscreen, so only heavy ice causes a problem there and a few squirts of deicer fixes that. My teenage children still slam the boot shut with such force that it almost shatters your eardrums, so I miss the electric tailgate every now and then, but apart from that it doesn't bother me at all about not getting the exact spec I wanted. Because it was unallocated stock, I got a good deal and picked it up for £22,500, at the time, so all round I am happy.

So you may be able to find an auto estate with KESSY and electric tailgate, your essentials, just not in the ideal colour. But, as it has been mentioned before, there's plenty of colours that do look good with the estate. Pop in to a dealer or call customer services and see what's available for immediate delivery

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I still maintain that somebody could have alerted me sooner than seven weeks to tell me that colour was not available - and also the extra delay in delivery - I was promised (rightly or wrongly) delivery by October - it was written down on the order form as it was so important to me.

Stock has been checked and no cars with KESSY and ELECTRIC TAILGATE and PARK ASSIST are in the system - there was a few other extras I could forego but these are the essentials as my mobility is becoming severely restricted.

I hasten to add that the dealer I placed the order with did not check the Skoda Stock for me - I had to get somebody else to do that - if that seems a little confusing then believe me I am a bit confused as well (!)

Something was amiss in the way that this has been handled - not too sure whether its Skoda UK or the dealer at the moment - but there's something that is just not right.

Deposit cheque should be here tomorrow.

Dave

Shame to miss out on such a great car due to the colour. When you're driving, it's only other people who see the colour... I'd probably draw the line at hearing-aid-beige, but otherwise I'd just turn the key, play with all the toys and waft along, whatever the hue of the metal.

Hi

It wasn't just the fact that they could not get the colour - even if I would have chosen another colour the whole order process starts again and that would have made the wait until the end of the year or the beginning of next year - too long in my opinion.

Dave

even if I would have chosen another colour the whole order process starts again

May not be true depending where you are in the order process. If you haven't got a build date then you should be able to change anything (within reason) with little effect on future build date. I don't think a change of colour would have a significant effect, depending on how the dealer actions the change.

May not be true depending where you are in the order process. If you haven't got a build date then you should be able to change anything (within reason) with little effect on future build date. I don't think a change of colour would have a significant effect, depending on how the dealer actions the change.

I am only repeating what I have been told by the dealer.

That's why I find the whole scenario rather shocking to be honest.................and a little confusing ??

DAVE

To be honest I wouldn't believe 100% whatever the dealer is telling you. Unfortunately my dealings with sales staff just seem to reinforce the fact that they often know less than you about the car that is 6 feet from their shiny desk and they have absolutely no inclination to learn more.

It seems that SUK seem to be having a problem communicating changes, or the dealers don't realise the importance for the customer, like the changes to Ivory interior. Now comes with Black "A" post, "B" post and door sills front and back. Not exactly Ivory interior anymore as you can also only get black carpet - what has happened to choice?....and the government wonders why we are not spending.

Actually the black carpet option always did come with black plastic interior trims on the sills and A/B pillars. I reckoned that the Skoda trim committee were gathered outside the car looking in when they made this rather stupid decision, rather than climbing inside the car and closing the doors (y'know, like we do before driving), before making a decision. Anyway, I got mine changed to ivory and it's a big improvement.

I am only repeating what I have been told by the dealer.

That's why I find the whole scenario rather shocking to be honest.................and a little confusing ??

DAVE

If it were me I think I'd be requesting a meeting with the dealership principal to get to the bottom of what's happened, so I had a complete understanding of why I'd been ****ed around so much.

It's also possible, even though you've cancelled your order, that they haven't cancelled with Skoda if they want to keep the car for their stock.

It's a shame you've decided against it, as it is a great car.

If it were me I think I'd be requesting a meeting with the dealership principal to get to the bottom of what's happened, so I had a complete understanding of why I'd been ****ed around so much.

It's also possible, even though you've cancelled your order, that they haven't cancelled with Skoda if they want to keep the car for their stock.

It's a shame you've decided against it, as it is a great car.

At this moment in time I just want the deposit cheque back - I NEED to find a vehicle and find one very very quickly...........and without the deposit money back I cannot begin to do that - why could I not have it back in cash as I had paid it ?

The anoying thing is I want and NEED a vehicle asap - its not just a case of changing my mind with regards to the vehicle - still looking at Skoda dealers stock countrywide at the moment - hard to find KESSY, ELECTRIC TAILGATE etc on a dealer stock car.

Dave

Dave,

Dont give up on the Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a bit of a roller-coaster ride with my ordering process, but in the end it was worth it. I have been blown away by the vehicle. Why I didn't buy one two years ago when I first thought about it is beyond me. It really is a fabulous car.

+1, or go to Skoda UK if you can't get any sense out of the dealer

Hi

At the moment I am still awaiting the deposit cheque back which seems to be proving challenging for them - I have explained my urgency to acquire a vehicle as soon as possible due to health problems and without this cheque I cannot begin another search.

Honestly don't see why I could not just have the £500 cash back which I had paid them?

Dave