Think I'm Going To Cancel My Order - Storm Blue no longer a colour to order.

whiteswan

I tend to think that these days dealers don't have that much to do with cash. That said, if they knew you were wanting cash I don't see why they couldn't have made arrangements to have it available for you. If you do go for another Skoda, perhaps you wanna find a different dealer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would think most of car purchases, certainly in a main dealers, are done via finance etc. Although you may have paid in cash, they will have certainly banked it quickly to avoid having cash left on site.

Sorry to hear of your problems, hopefully you'll find a car tou your requirements quickly. Don't know where you are in the country but have you tried speaking to the dealers who are registered on here - Preston Motors, London and Trust Group, West Mids - they will at least be able to search stock for you?

This is probably not an option for you but when my wife wanted a new car she was adamant it had to be yellow. After much looking she liked the Citroen C3 BUT it didn't come in yellow. More looking but she just wanted a yellow C3. In the end I said "just buy a white one and we will get it resprayed in whatever yellow you want". She now has the only yellow C3 in Australia (the world?). The cost of the paint job was surprisingly cheap and now the body has that extra 2 coats of protection as well; the painter hit it with the yellow and a clear coat.

Thanks for all the suggestions.....................I may have just found another vehicle - only missing the variable boot floor option that I originally spec'ed up - but I still have not received my deposit money back from original dealer despite promise of being sent last week.

I have now asked them if I can collect the cash from them tomorrow as I urgently need it to secure this other vehicle.

Fingers crossed they agree and then I may be able to just concentrate on obtaining a suitable vehicle !

Dave

Dave,

Would you care to name and shame the original dealer? I know a lot of potential purchasers (me included) use the site before taking the plunge. Regardless of whose fault the original **** up was, their efficiency of returning your deposit seems a joke. Skoda UK do hold a reasonable amount of power over the dealers and based on previous topics they have in the past been quick to resolve issues like this. A call to the dealer from Skoda UK might be enough to get it sorted.

I feel your pain (literally), going off topic - have you tried Pregabalin? PM me if you want more details.

Thanks for all the suggestions.....................I may have just found another vehicle - only missing the variable boot floor option that I originally spec'ed up - but I still have not received my deposit money back from original dealer despite promise of being sent last week.

I have now asked them if I can collect the cash from them tomorrow as I urgently need it to secure this other vehicle.

Fingers crossed they agree and then I may be able to just concentrate on obtaining a suitable vehicle !

Dave

Good to hear, and I shouldn't worry too much about the boot floor but depends what you'll be loading into the boot I guess. I wasn't sure and procrastinated for long enough that in the end I couldn't add it to the order...sort of subconsciously passing the buck I think but I couldn't get over the issue of paying nearly £200 to make the boot substantially smaller. I haven't missed it yet.

Please use a credit card to pay your deposit. Even if the rest of the invoice is paid some other way it will give you protection for the whole purchase amount under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act assuming the total invoice amount is under £30k.

Quick Update...........

Ok it seems that the promised cheque that was supposedly posted out last week was never posted.

The lady who deals with the finances for the dealer has said that no cheque was ever issued to me - she has promised me a bank transfer to my bank account tomorrow....................fingers crossed.

To be honest I a so relieved that I don't have to deal with this particular dealership - could not get enough help from them when they wanted my deposit money - but a completely different attitude when they had to return it to me.

I am honestly shocked at the way a Main Dealership can treat a customer like this to be honest.

Especially as none of this was my fault.

Dave

Quick update 2 - been informed that somebody else interested in new vehicle I have found and can I go in and make a deposit to secure the vehicle - this is probably dealer talk and he is just trying to get me to secure the vehicle with a deposit - or there could really be somebody else genuinely interested in it....................not too sure what to think.

Contacted my bank and no bank transfer has been done yesterday - how long do they usually take? I thought they were immediate (ie overnight).

Getting a bit more annoyed now...............

Dave

Payments can be immediate (same day) but it depends what service they pay for. Banks will usually charge a businesss customer for an interbank transfer. If it's sent through the BACS system (which may be their cheapest and slowest option) it may take up to 3 working days. I should ask them to email you proof that the transfer has been made.

re bank transfers - from my business (ltd co) bank accounts one with Santander and the others with Lloyds - all payments are now made same day.

Infact when I transfer my wages they often show in my personal current account - which isn't with either of my business banks - by the time ive logged out of the business bank and logged into my personal one - 15 minutes max is common.

So they are definitely taking the p!ss.

I'm sorry mate it's about time you kicked some ASS, threatening them with legal action if they didn't transfer the money in a period of time that is acceptable to you, eg two hours maximum, I suggest they are taking the mickey out of you cos your too nice, Time to get tough my friend.. Consumers rights will be very helpful and even a solicitors letter, pointing out how the company is WRONG in what they are doing and need to be reminded about their obligation to customer service and consumers rights..

RoDM

Bad News - It wasn't a bluff from the dealer with regards to the new vehicle I had located and somebody has indeed now placed a cash deposit on it ! Thought they might as it had loads of extras Park Assist, Keyless Entry etc etc.................absolute bloody nightmare.

I am going to the bank in the morning to see if the money has indeed been credited to my account or to see whether they can tell if its "on its way" -as for naming and shaming - well I am reluctant about that as I have yet to receive my money back - this has been one the the worst experiences I have ever had whilst buying anything - ever !

The worst thing about this is that the salesman and the sales manager BOTH know my problems with driving my current Manual car (mobility problems that are getting worse by the week) - it was explained to them both at time of order and also when they said they could not supply the car in the colour I had ordered it in - not even an apology - email - telephone call or anything - perhaps I am old fashioned but if it was my dealership and I had not only let a customer (whom was willing to spend nigh on 24k) down on supplying the vehicle but also failed to return deposit money back to him promptly - I would be doing my upmost to rectify the situation and maybe even try to make up for the inconvenience.............like I say perhaps I am just old fashioned.

As for the "being too nice" part then I see nothing wrong with being nice - and I am not about to let these people change me and my outlook on life - but I do agree that I need to step up the pressure being placed upon them.

Disgraceful - is the only way to describe how I have been treated - and this is just my opinion - there are 2 sides to every story - it would actually be very interesting to hear why they think its acceptable to treat people like this without second thought.

Dave

Nothing old fashioned about expecting to receive good service. Any reputable business should expect to deliver the same and not end up with disgruntled customers. It won't do their reputation any good and perhaps you should name them when you eventually get your deposit back.

Name them and put a piece in the dealer section.

It is fine in being polite and saying please and thankyou, that should be norm but when you are treated like Sh--e then it should also be normal to complain most vigorously and keep going up the tree untill something is acknowledged and acted upon.

Edited by Danny 57

I am going to the bank in the morning to see if the money has indeed been credited to my account or to see whether they can tell if its "on its way"

If it's going from their business account to your current account, and it's for £500, it should take no more than about 10 minutes. The only reason banks can hold up payments now is if they suspect a fraudulent transaction. This was brought in a few years ago to end the unreasonable practice of 'clearing' payments between current accounts, known as 'Faster Payments'. IIRC the specification for maximum server-to-server response time was 60 seconds, so if you're told 'it's on its way so it'll be a day or two', it's very likely complete rubbish and they haven't actioned it yet.

I agree...... name the dealer and offer the opportunity for the dealer to put his side. A good dealer would take the opportunity to apologise unreservedly.

Edited by 100andthirty

I agree...... name the dealer and offer the opportunity for the dealer to put his side. A good dealer would take the opportunity to apologise unreservedly.

Don't get too many doing that then?

Edited by Danny 57