Maidstone Meet October 2012

lfc958

Yep, though depends on money as we had holidays in Aug and Sep so need to draw our horns in a bit so we have some money left for xmas!

I know this is a tad off topic, but for those of you expressing an interest, but not sure about cost, here is the idea of how to make it a bit more affordable.

1- Share a car. ( if you have 2 or 3 spare seats ) I have 2 spare comfy seat with plenty of knee room ;)

2- Split the cost of the ferry / train

3- Split the cost of the fuel

This way the only real individual cost will be the hotel & food. & I am trying to keep this as low as possible. - I will post in the proper thread an approximation of cost within the next couple of days.

I know this is a tad off topic, but for those of you expressing an interest, but not sure about cost, here is the idea of how to make it a bit more affordable.

1- Steal a car. ( if you have 2 or 3 spare cars ) you can always ebay 2 of them once you've returned. ;)

2- Stowaway on the ferry / train.

3- Steal the fuel.

This way the only real individual cost will be the hotel & food & you can always do a runner, I am trying to be as low as possible. - I will post in the proper thread an approximation of cost within the next couple of days.

Thanks Steve, very helpful :thumbup:

• Like 1

1- Share a car. ( if you have 2 or 3 spare seats ) I have 2 spare comfy seat with plenty of knee room ;)

2- Split the cost of the ferry / train

3- Split the cost of the fuel

This way the only real individual cost will be the hotel & food. & I am trying to keep this as low as possible. - I will post in the proper thread an approximation of cost within the next couple of days.

Providing we can get a sensibly priced family room then we would have 1 spare seat available, hopefully the ferry crossing will be as cheap for them as it was for Steve and Kathy last year :thumbup:

Yes very good turn out, apologies to the newbies for not introducing myself. I thought I'd just share my germs with people I know! Next time I can bore the pants off you all though! ;)

To all those of you who drove past a tatty, lowered yellow Mk1 Octy vRs on the A249, pulled over on the striped off section just before M20 slip :wait: (yes I only made it round the corner from the venue before I had a coil pack failure) Thanks for stopping to see if I was ok? :wall:NOT!!!

As usual I was quite lucky, the operator quoted me a 2-3 hour wait but the guy took it on as an extra job on his way home & he was only 6 miles away.

The conversation in the truck makes me smile, went something like this:

Well your discription of where you were & what was wrong have made it very easy for me. Have I been out to you before?

No it's never broken down before.

Oh ok, only I went out to one of these before, I can't remember what he'd done to it but it were reet monster! Chuffin animal it were! You can tell you've had engine work done as it's tight to turn over at first.

No that's the battery, it's 10 years old & won't hold a charge.... :giggle:

Oh ok, lets put your details in the computer, Skoda Octavia vRS .... I chuffin love these, their brill', do you happen to know your mileage?

See? See? An it's a petrol!! Sounds bluuddy sweet that too! I know it's quick but take it nice & steady on the way home won't you?

Don't worry, I've only got 30 miles worth of fuel left, you've had all my petrol money.

Oh..... you gonna make it back home on that?

Yeah, I get over 46 to the gallon taking it steady.

Ya see? Ya see? Ya can't knock em, ya just can't knock em!

Did I take it steady? :angel:

Errr ...no! :wonder:

No worries b33fy don't mention it nice to have been an assistance . Thanks to all for being welcoming hope to see you all again soon, good meet .

Didn't get a chance to talk you :hi: , your car looked nice as it went passed me on the dual carriageway though! :wonder:

You're not doing a camel impression Beryl are you??...

If I knew what your were alluding to Beef, I'd know how to reply! :giggle:

Thanks for the nice comments on the car, it's early days there is a few more little things to do to her yet, but there is loads of time for that ,sorry we didn't stop wasn't shore if you had forgot to have pee before you left although a strange place to stop I no.

Thanks for the nice comments on the car, it's early days there is a few more little things to do to her yet, but there is loads of time for that ,sorry we didn't stop wasn't shore if you had forgot to have pee before you left although a strange place to stop I no.

:rofl:Yeeees.........I'm not THAT much of an exhibitionist! :giggle: