Cleaning products for a novice

themul

So why post at all?

Hes asking for advice...Not wanting to know who doesnt give a toss!!

Its Trolling...Simple!

I did give advice." Car wash, jet wash, mit, valet " Where is the advice in your post? Troll. My advice would be to read all posts before you jump on the bandwagon.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

I tend to use a lot of autoglym cleaning stuff now as my car came with a kit after it was life shined, I do like to keep it clean but then I'm lucky to have the time to spend on it due to my job. I understand people who use jet washes etc as spending time with your family etc is more important than cleaning a piece of metal!

Hi,

I would like to get some cleaning products for my new vrs that has been ordered and would like some suggestions for some products to clean the inside and outside of the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps Not to expensive please.

I did give advice." Car wash, jet wash, mit, valet " Where is the advice in your post? Troll. My advice would be to read all posts before you jump on the bandwagon.

I would suggest you practice what you preach.

Can you show us where in the OP's post did he ask for advice on how to clean his car?

The OP specificaly asked what products to use.

Your reply had zero input to this topic only to Troll as Chris has said.

• Like 2

I would suggest you practice what you preach.

Can you show us where in the OP's post did he ask for advice on how to clean his car?

The OP specificaly asked what products to use.

Your reply had zero input to this topic only to Troll as Chris has said.

Whats a "mit" then if not a product??? Stop trolling please is getting boring.

OP - it depends what you want from your car. 1) concourse showing condition. 2) Acceptably clean and presentable. The latter requires 2 buckets a mit and a wee brush thing for the wheels or a couple of quid at the car wash / jet wash.

See above - buckets = product, mit = product, wee brush = product.

Let that be the end of it.

Drive to car wash. Hand over money. Sit in car for a bit. Drive home. Sorted. Dont waste the only life you have cleaning a bloody car that will only get dirty straight away. Unless you have a ferrari or similar, a car is a tool. Tools are to be used not cleaned. The car gets you to where you need or want to be therefore the car is a means to an end nothing more. I would rather enjoy what happens at the end of the journey than the journey itself.

If you have a **** hot car and take it to track days or enjoy showing it then fine but seeing as were on a skoda forum then predominatntly our cars are basic tools, no more.

Makes me laugh when people speak about "claying" there car. Get a life.

I have a local retired bodyshop guy who charges £12 an hour and can have you car loooking brand new for a lot less than years worth of car care products when trade in time comes.

Your car doesnt need to be clean for you to enjoy it.

I always think the condition of a person's car says a lot about them and is usually an indication of how clean their house is. A car is typically the second most valuable asset most people own so it stands to reason why people want to look after them.

I like to keep our cars looking clean and wash them on alternate weekends. It doesn't need to take long, sometimes I want to just get it done, other times I spend a bit longer doing it. Some people spend hours and hours detailing their cars to the point where it's actually a hobby, but that isn't for me.

As for paying for a valet when you want to sell the car I'm afraid if you have only cleaned your alloy wheels once or twice a year then there's little or no chance of making them look brand new.

My Skoda isn't just a tool, you may be surprised to hear that I, like many others on here, bought my car because I actually really like it. You don't need a Porsche or an Aston Martin to like and enjoy your car.

As for products, I've always found turtle wax car shampoo to be very good and the Autoglym products are good too.

Edited by Guest

I will definitely be buying a wash mitt and it is on the top of my list and would you say this is OK for washing your car with. http://www.shinearam...=MEG-D11101??or this http://www.meguiars....oo-Conditioner/

The Meguiars Gold Class shampoo is what I currently use. A little goes a long way. I just got a fairly cheap wash-mitt from Halfords.

I always think the condition of a person's car says a lot about them and is usually an indication of how clean their house is. A car is typically the second most valuable asset most people own so it stands to reason why people want to look after them.

I like to keep our cars looking clean and wash them on alternate weekends. It doesn't need to take long, sometimes I want to just get it done, other times I spend a bit longer doing it. Some people spend hours and hours detailing their cars to the point where it's actually a hobby, but that isn't for me.

As for paying for a valet when you want to sell the car I'm afraid if you have only cleaned your alloy wheels once or twice a year then there's little or no chance of making them look brand new.

My Skoda isn't just a tool, you may be surprised to hear that I, like many others on here, bought my car because I actually really like it. You don't need a Porsche or an Aston Martin to like and enjoy your car.

As for products, I've always found turtle wax car shampoo to be very good and the Autoglym products are good too.

Missus cleans the house so its fine :)

My car probably my 9th most valuable asset but i know what you mean.

Alloys looked perfect at trade in. Just a good scrub up was all that was needed.

I enjoy my cars too but it is a tool. Why did you buy yours? mine is for going to work, shops etc and getting my family where we need to go = tool. I still enjoy it though but thats not why i bought it. If i was buying a toy it wouldnt have been a skoda.

No products listed this time but hopefully no one will cry troll.

Ive said enough..People who have this attitude to others who want to keep their cars clean are idiots..Best to ignore now

Wish you would ignore as your getting boring and yes you have said enough. SSSHhhh.

If someone doesnt have the same opinion as someone else its doesnt make them an idiot. It makes you an idiot for suggesting it.

I think obsessing over car cleaning is crazy but i have no attitude towards the people themselves who like car detailing. A good friend of mine enjoys car detailing but i still think it is nonsense. Its a simple premise. Its called having and expressing an opinion.

Car detailing = nonsense IMO.

Car detailers = probably fine people as far as i know.

Go and join a car detailing forum if you only want to read supportive and one sided comments. Idiot.

So....The thread is created by asking:

I would like to get some cleaning products for my new vrs that has been ordered and would like some suggestions for some products to clean the inside and outside of the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps Not to expensive please.

Myself and others post various replies and suggestions on products

themul says thankyou for all the help

More suggestions follow

Morethanks from themul

Then you come along and post this:

Drive to car wash. Hand over money. Sit in car for a bit. Drive home. Sorted. Dont waste the only life you have cleaning a bloody car that will only get dirty straight away. Unless you have a ferrari or similar, a car is a tool. Tools are to be used not cleaned. The car gets you to where you need or want to be therefore the car is a means to an end nothing more. I would rather enjoy what happens at the end of the journey than the journey itself.

If you have a **** hot car and take it to track days or enjoy showing it then fine but seeing as were on a skoda forum then predominatntly our cars are basic tools, no more.

Makes me laugh when people speak about "claying" there car. Get a life.

I have a local retired bodyshop guy who charges £12 an hour and can have you car loooking brand new for a lot less than years worth of car care products when trade in time comes.

Your car doesnt need to be clean for you to enjoy it.

How helpful do think this unwanted self opinionated comment is to themul?

Why bother?

OK ...If you want to spout your opinions on car cleaning...

....Why not create your own thread and ask others to give theirs, rather than ruin this one?

Please think before you post

So....The thread is created by asking:

Myself and others post various replies and suggestions on products

themul says thankyou for all the help

More suggestions follow

Morethanks from themul

Then you come along and post this:

How helpful do think this unwanted self opinionated comment is to themul?

Why bother?

OK ...If you want to spout your opinions on car cleaning...

....Why not create your own thread and ask others to give theirs, rather than ruin this one?

Please think before you post

LMAO. You quote one post of mine. What about the ones listing products i think are a good idea?? Very selective of you.

I'll express my opinions on car detailing if i want to or not and certainly wont stop because you say so. Expressing an opinion on detailing is very closely related to the original topic so pretty relevant in my opinion.

Virtually every thread on this and every forum slightly deviates from the original topic but will generally stay on a theme. The sooner you understand this the easier it will be for you to,enjoy them.

Posts on forums are at least 50% opinion and 50% fact. Thats actually being generous. So denying opinion is counterproductive.

I cant understand why you are getting so defensive. Just relax and enjoy what you enjoy and i'll enjoy what i enjoy. If we enjoy different things then thats great.

If i dont like car detailing and you are a car detailing fan then dont take it personally but offering an opinion on how i clean my car and my thoughts on car cleaning are relevant in this thread whether you like it or not. This and the fact i did recommend some products "bang on topic" which you convieniently ignore all goes to underline that you are closed minded and blinkered.

The topic was car cleaning products so any discussion on car cleaning is relevant. If you dont think so then ignore the comments but stop bleating on about it. Your embarrasing yourself and giving car detailers a bad name.

Someone is getting very boring now :zzz:

If car cleaning is not your thing and you are happy to drive around in a filthy car that you wipe your feet when you get OUT of it then fine, but why troll a thread when someone is asking a question that you clearly have no interest about?

Personally I don't like a dirty car, as for getting it valeted before trading it in?? that's makes about as much sense as what my mother does - fit's seat covers to every new car she buys to 'keep the seats nice and clean' pity she neglects the condition of the rest of the car??

• Like 3

Someone is getting very boring now :zzz:

If car cleaning is not your thing and you are happy to drive around in a filthy car that you wipe your feet when you get OUT of it then fine, but why troll a thread when someone is asking a question that you clearly have no interest about?

Personally I don't like a dirty car, as for getting it valeted before trading it in?? that's makes about as much sense as what my mother does - fit's seat covers to every new car she buys to 'keep the seats nice and clean' pity she neglects the condition of the rest of the car??

Valeting before trading it is a waste of time. EH?? It ensured i got top value for it from garage. If not valeted i would have got less. How does that not make sense? Weird.

My car isnt manky. Dont make assumptions. Car wash or jet wash keep it reasonable.

No trolling here mate but i do have an interest in the subject it as i feel strongly that car detailing is a big waste of time. If there is an easy way to keep a car clean then ill be as interested in it as you are, probably more so.

If its so boring dont respond mate but saying its boring doesnt make you a winner.

A heated debate on a forum is actually quite interesting its a pity its spoilt by single minded fanboys who cant stand someone having a different opinion than theirs. Those types should really avoid forums TBH.

Its not a case of having a different opinion at all.

You dont appear to understand this discussion.

If youre not interested in car cleaning then why bother to post?

What makes you think that the OP and subsequent posters answering the question posted, are in any way, interested that you dont like/want to clean your car?

Its trolling..Pure and simple!!

• Like 1

On the slim chance that the OP is still looking at replies I have just remembered two more products that are good for shifting grime in the winter:

-Muc Off Bike Cleaner. This can be used everywhere, buy it in the 5l bottles for around £20. I normally spray this on let it work a bit then jet wash, followed by a normal bucket of shampoo.

-Bilberry wheel cleaner. Excellent for shifting muck from alloys, dilute it to make it go further.

No assumption were needed to be made:

Rarely cleaned my last car and had it for 2 and a half years.

I have once paid for a proper valet. This was for my golf when i was trading it in. The boot was in a fair state seeing as i have a dog.

You said it all for us to read.

Valeting before trading it is a waste of time. EH?? It ensured i got top value for it from garage. If not valeted i would have got less. How does that not make sense? Weird.

My car isnt manky. Dont make assumptions. Car wash or jet wash keep it reasonable.

No trolling here mate but i do have an interest in the subject it as i feel strongly that car detailing is a big waste of time. If there is an easy way to keep a car clean then ill be as interested in it as you are, probably more so.

If its so boring dont respond mate but saying its boring doesnt make you a winner.

A heated debate on a forum is actually quite interesting its a pity its spoilt by single minded fanboys who cant stand someone having a different opinion than theirs. Those types should really avoid forums TBH.

Yes I do consider it a waste of time to drive around in a dirty car only to have it valeted just to sell it, where a quick wash and vacuum by the local immigrants would of sufficed.

I also think you need to read up on what a troll is.

Nobody is trying to be a winner on here they are giving their advise on what product to use, which you are saying are pointless, you are however correct in saying that cars do not need to be cleaned, however the owners choose to keep them cleaned. Just as there is no need to wash and wear clean clothes, most people choose to so they are not seen as being a skank.