< Wing mirror indicator needs replacing >

• 1 month later...

Hi my passenger side has gone on my 2008 vrs, have replaced the led unit but still no light. Does anybody know if there is a fuse to check.... Thanks

Edited by bell222

Have a look on VCDS owners map, see if there's anyone local. As with most faults, a scan is a great place to start.

If you can't find anyone, I have VCDS and will be in Spalding around Easter time. (I'm not on the owners map though)

Edited by RainbowFire

• 2 months later...

I thought I would tag this on to this post...as it worked brilliantly for me:

Its a guy called Narcis and shows how you can do this mirror indicator change without removing the mirror glass which can be fiddly having had experience.

Read my additions below before you do it and it might help you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUenlCzYPdY

Additions

1) I used an old credit card/store card worked perfect for getting at the rear edge clips (side at bonnet end)  to remove the cowel casing..

2)KEEP the mirror glass parallel with front mirror edge when taking cowel off. 

3) Slide card in the rear til you feel the clips, then use nails to separate it 3 or 4mm...next, the secret is to pull the cowel out and away from where it joins the mirror bracket near the window carefully pulling it away, lifting it at the back and twisting it over the mirror glass carefully- TAKE YOUR TIME....you don't want to be forking out for a mirror.

2) You need a thin torx screwdriver, I think its 3 or 4mm across if I remember

3) Unlike the video, Use the electrics to move the mirror to get to Screw 2 - Dont remove screw 2 from its hole - you dont need to.

4) Check the screw holes on the new part are the same as the oem part, mine were a little tight, so be aware...

Anyway Hope that helps, It is a good solution and Quick! 

Edited by Blanes

• 2 months later...
Guest andya15

Hi,

Have an 09 VRS and had MOT last night, fella flagged up the drivers wing mirror indicator wasn't working but this wasn't a failure.  On reading these posts I see mention of a puddle lamp.  without sounding totally stupid how do I know if mine has a puddle lamp or not?

thanks

I believe that when you open the door it shines down onto the floor from the mirror to show you the puddle your about to step in.

I don't have them, I just get wet shoes and know it must have been a puddle i stepped in.

I do have the very chav laser door lights which shine a nice Skoda logo onto the floor for me.

Edited by andy-fisher

Guest andya15

I believe that when you open the door it shines down onto the floor from the mirror to show you the puddle your about to step in.

I don't have them, I just get wet shoes and know it must have been a puddle i stepped in.

I do have the very chav laser door lights which shine a nice Skoda logo onto the floor for me.

is this a p**s take?

is this a p**s take?

No, it wasn't meant to be. It is a light in the mirror which illuminates the floor when you open the door. Mine only has the indicator in the mirror where some have a combined indicator repeater and puddle light.

c7278384-f589-4d9c-8607-855616768d671712

I have laser projectors in the door cards which light up the floor with a Skoda logo.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by andy-fisher

Guest andya15

No, it wasn't meant to be. It is a light in the mirror which illuminates the floor when you open the door. Mine only has the indicator in the mirror where some have a combined indicator repeater and puddle light.

c7278384-f589-4d9c-8607-855616768d671712

I have laser projectors in the door cards which light up the floor with a Skoda logo.

s-l300.jpg

apologies, just sounded like one of those dodgy sort of comments,  thanks for the response.  mine definitely doesn't have those.  My mirror is similar to that in the picture with just the little clear slit lense.   I assume this is the part I need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381518045878?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT