headlight removal hid fitting

Does this mean that a set of Canbus HID lights CAN be fitted without coding via vcds?...

My understanding is that Canbus HID kits can be fitted now without any coding.

"Plug and Play"

• Like 1

This was done with vcds.

If you want to be anon believer based on the fact that your guy cannot di it then so be it.

But please do not give wrong advice to others and cause confusion as a result.

I have proven today this can be done.

listern mate dont tell me not to give the wrong advice here,my fecking car has no option at all to do this,my mate is a master gold tec of 15 years working in a AUDI dealership so iam sure he knows what he is doing,he is using a genuine version of vcds and was complaining the other day he has just spent £100 plus on a new lead,he has since had another two 2012 vrs in and these dont have the option either,so its not the wrong advice cause if it was i would have had mine done,your so **** sure of yourself explain mine and the other two he has had in then

Hoggy, I mentioned earlier that when setting up my Bluetooth I saw the Xenons with shutter option in vcds. Is this the option your saying us not in yours?

Vectra, as I have this option should i, in theory be ok non CanBus with coding as per your install.

Can you also confirm that a with CanBus no coding install would not work.

Hoggy, I mentioned earlier that when setting up my Bluetooth I saw the Xenons with shutter option in vcds. Is this the option your saying us not in yours?

Vectra, as I have this option should i, in theory be ok non CanBus with coding as per your install.

Can you also confirm that a with CanBus no coding install would not work.

I have no xenons/shuttther option and so do the other 2 cars he has tried so how the hell can i programme them

I am not sure if it was Xenons with shutters"

This is what was on my one.

LEDandXenon.png

I cannot confirm anything with Canbus but I am told it is a straight fit and will work.

I have no proof of this though.

No, this happened to both type of kits.

Here is when needed to code with the vcds.

• 1 – Função SELECT

• 2 – Função 09 – CENT. ELEC.

• 3 – Função 07 - CODING

• 4 – Função “Long Coding Helper”

• 5 – Byte 0 (normalmente) esta a opção "Xenon Headlights with Shutter Installed"

• 6 – Tick "Xenon Headlights with Shutter Installed"

• 7 – Função "Transfer Coding"

• 8 – Função "Do It"

xenon10.png

If light error on dash do this

• 1 – Função SELECT

• 2 – Função 09 – CENT. ELEC.

• 3 – Função 07 - CODING

• 4 – Função “Long Coding Helper”

• 5 – Byte 3 (normalmente) esta a opção "Xenon-Shutter without Shutter Installed"

• 6 – Tick "Xenon-Shutter without Shutter Installed"

• 7 – Função "Transfer Coding"

• 8 – Função "Do It"

bixeno10.png

1-28.gif

brunoalmeid

I'm 100% that's what i saw on VCDS when getting my bluetooth enabled on my new Blackline. Looks different to yours Vectra. Do you think a non canbus system will work with that enabled?

You may of seen this because of the VCDS version.

You may have seen " xenon with shutter installed"(or something like that) ( for this the main and high beam are the same bulb like the Superb uses)

The example I gave above is for 23 BYTE long coding (Pre-FL, correct if I´m wrong)

same for Audi A3 and Golf. For the wiper motor not to kaput, you had to tick above, canbus or not.

Ours are 30 BYTES long.

Like said before earlier version of VCDS said "xenon without shutter......" and when I plugged my Slim Canbus Kit (the warning canceller are intregated into the ballast) I went and ticked "xenon without shutter......" and ended up with CH/LH on Fogs.

I have no xenons/shuttther option and so do the other 2 cars he has tried so how the hell can i programme them

Two things spring to mind here:

1) Instead of getting hot under the collar, why not do a screen-dump of your mate's VCDS not showing the relevant option. A picture is worth a thousand words.

-or-

2) Given your mate seems to be unable to code three cars (so far) have you thought about looking on the VCDS owners map for someone else to have a look?

• Like 2

Looking to collect my Blackline on Monday, have a set of canbus ballasts and cancelers,just in case,waiting to be fitted, be interested if any one else has finally fitted a set of hid's without any problems...

Let me know how you get on mate.

Just been told by Hids-Direct not to try any other kit then these on a 2012 Octy for plug and play....

Look at this on eBay:

NEW CANBUS TERMINATOR HID XENON CONVERSION SLIM KIT H7 35w

http://bit.ly/SKbwg0

I would prefer a Canbus Slim Kit where the balasts already have incorporated the bulb error cancelers.

My kit is this one 4300k

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item56351d22b5

Edited by alberg

On contrary my friend, they were bought at a local store who has great knowledge within VW group.

No stress :rock:

Sorry

You got in with the reply while I was posting

I was replying to

B19rak's post above your one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if it was Xenons with shutters"

This is what was on my one.

LEDandXenon.png

I cannot confirm anything with Canbus but I am told it is a straight fit and will work.

I have no proof of this though.

Thanks to Vectra for posting that screenshot. Using that (and his own knowledge) a friendly local Briskodian successfully enabled my non can-bus HIDs this afternoon. That's on an LE which appears to have the FL controller.....

• Like 2