headlight removal hid fitting

I didn't realise that the shutter option was gone on the 2012 cars. :)

wouldnt no mate as my audi/vw tec says his vagcom will not connect,it connects to everythink else on the car but not the central electronics moduel and thats were you need to be

was also on the phone yesterday to mikeholroyd and he confirmed what my techie was saying,top and bottom of it is skodas dont like you changing bulbs to led or any other type and will 9 times out of 10 put warning lights on,iam also back to original bulbs now as dont want to do any damage

On my last VRs I changed the coming/leaving home lights to fogs. I am sure I saw the shutter option on my 2010VRs.

All depends what version of vcds you are using

Edited by alberg

On my last VRs I changed the coming/leaving home lights to fogs. I am sure I saw the shutter option on my 2010VRs.

I also had my fogs as CH/LH lights

Also had fogs as cornering lights.

• Like 1

I am no expert but the CANBUS versions will load the system with capacitive loads and this is what COULD cause damage to your controllers. Some kits come with cables that fit between the supply and the HID controller (these are the capacitors).

I think the best (and it seems 2012 cars need firm confirmation) that NON CANBUS with coding is the safest.

biggest mistake ever listerning to this,bought none canbus ones and fitted them spot on in an hour,tried lights with car not running and these work fine,tried lights with car running and flash like hell,connect vag com and it wont connect to the lights,and to make things worse ive got a warning light on my dash,joke this brand new car now with no lights

Please point out what is incorrect in my post?

pre-FL = non canbus and coding

FL = possible problems and more than likely a canbus kit required

Don't rant when you buy the wrong kit and it doesn't work

• Like 1

Looking to collect my Blackline on Monday, have a set of canbus ballasts and cancelers,just in case,waiting to be fitted, be interested if any one else has finally fitted a set of hid's without any problems...

Looking to collect my Blackline on Monday, have a set of canbus ballasts and cancelers,just in case,waiting to be fitted, be interested if any one else has finally fitted a set of hid's without any problems...

Let me know how you get on. If it works ill buy the same kit as you.

You'r post above contradicts what you are saying now.

I really and truly you hope are calling your own posts retarded and not insinuating anyone on here including myself are retarded? :x

I have been in contact with the guy that coded my last car for the HID kit along with other changes in the system.

He is a techie in the Skoda dealership I bought both cars from.

He will check the coding list over the weekend and let me know what the situation is on Monday.

Until then, I will sit and wait.

You do know there is a difference in the coding between Pre FL models and FL Models as far as I am aware.

gess your techie didnt get these to work

gess your techie didnt get these to work

He had a very busy two days and did not get time to check it out, he said he will get it checked asap for me.

I can only sit and wait ;)

well it was confirmed again that theres no central electornics access on the new 12 plates

Sack your Tec guy. :giggle:

Got my car coded today and fitted the NON canbus HID's as I did to my last vRS

Fitted hid Non canbuus 4300k kit

> Working with engine off and engine running

> Drove the car.

> Perfect

> No Warning lights in dash.

Also ticked box for LED Number plate bulbs. This turned off the warning light on the dash,

Also got Fogs as CH/LH

Also Fogs as cornering lamps

So as it stands,

Yes, you can fit non canbus HID kits to 2012 cars just as I suspected.

Lamps removed for fitting

WP_000006-1.jpg

Drivers light working

WP_000007-1.jpg

Both Lights working

WP_000008-1.jpg

Dash showing no errors

WP_000009-1.jpg

WP_000010-1.jpg

Ballast fitting position

WP_000011-1.jpg

WP_000012-1.jpg

not with vcds you cannot do this,explain what he has used cause ive tried this now on 3 cars all with no joy

This was done with vcds.

If you want to be anon believer based on the fact that your guy cannot di it then so be it.

But please do not give wrong advice to others and cause confusion as a result.

I have proven today this can be done.

That looks like the slimline ballast kit from eBay seller londoncolour to me.

I take it that the person who cannot access the CECM on the latest cars is using a genuine VCDS cable and the latest version of VCDS, as the last update did a firmware update to my cable.

• Like 2

Vectra, have you got a link for the kit you used?

This time I got the 4300k blulbs as I had the 5k in the last set but found them a little too blue for my liking. I just went for a short drive now and these are pure white compared to them and Certainly much better light from them.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cec249814

This apparently is the trick though.

my Tec guy told me to do it in this order.

Code the car for the HID's

Do NOT,, I repeat.. do NOT turn on the lights.

Install your Hid's "BOTH" and when done it is now safe to turn them on.