Nissan Leaf drivers....

Mike Wrightson

Stop ploughing money into EV & develop hydrogen fuel cell.

Naw don't bother. Learn to make petrol or ethanol from organic things other than food, i.e. algae.

Petrol / alcohol are probably still some of the best ways to store energy for vehicles. Even better than hydrogen.

Err no, that's not true. There is no mechanism in place in the UK for a vehicle to have its CO2 emissions rating changed, regardless of any modifications. All the DVLA care about is what CO2 rating the vehicle had when new. You do have to inform them of an engine change but they never change the CO2 band as a result.

you do realise if you change a car from Petrol to diesel, Or diesel to petrol the DVLA change the tax class on the car...... It is marked on the V5C (the regestration of the car) what type of fuel it uses.

Or are you one of these people that dose not declare mods to your car becuase it costs extra money.

Back on topic, before we have some more illigal advise.

Its funny as i kind of want one of these as its more like a gadget, the only other problem is i sell my gadgets really quickly too. :giggle:

Someone aty work has one and looks really well built, he is really impressed with it and he has a petrol for the long journys.

Still need H cars :love:

you do realise if you change a car from Petrol to diesel, Or diesel to petrol the DVLA change the tax class on the car...... It is marked on the V5C (the regestration of the car) what type of fuel it uses.

Yes, but they don't change the CO2 emissions figure, or therefore the road tax band! The rate of duty for petrol cars is exactly the same as that for diesel cars and has been for some time. How is what I or anyone else suggested illegal? Try gettting the CO2 emissions figure of a car changed with the DVLA, they won't (and can't) do it.

Or are you one of these people that dose not declare mods to your car becuase it costs extra money.

No I'm one of those people who spent four years of his spare time studying and passing exams in UK tax law .