FOR SALE - 2007 07 Reg - SKODA Fabia 1.9Tdi PD vRS Special Edition

Monty

Perhaps it's that fabias aren't so sought after right now.

The cheaper ones are bought up by people ragging them everywhere etc.

Not sure, secondhand car market is always a bit hit or miss, I made strong money on both my megane and Ibiza, you just need to find the right person who wants the car, it's been in my last 5 cars the first to see did buy, and usually for more than I'd paid!!

Well the car's already gone so I suspect the tyres have gone separately to the first bidder on the list - assuming the wheels won't fit the new car.

For comparison, we sold our early 2006 Fabia vRS with full black leather interior, full Skoda service history on 70k back in early 2011 for £5300. Dealer prices at the time were very low, I think Skoda offered around £3k.

We have recently been looking at second cars as we'll be needing one next year. I did toy with the idea of yours as I the SE is pretty much the same spec as our old one. One thing that did put me off a little was the service history being non Skoda, although I appreciate it did have service history. I'm a stickler for manufacturer service history though. Yours was good value compared to other SEs out there currently, however to me the prices of Mark 1vRSs seem very high especially when you compare to other cars available from the same VAG stable. I guess this is down to the performance and economy balance they strike and the fact they stopped making them in 2007. I would have liked to have seen the mark 2s with a diesel engine and leather interior to have replicated the formula of the first.

I would have liked your SE but we're not in a rush to buy so it would have to be perfect for us to buy now, ahead of when we need it. I hope you enjoy your new car mate.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Cheaper than I expected it to be put up at. Probably the cheapest I've seen an SE for sale at a Skoda dealer. Clearly the mileage figure must be the factor dragging the price down so far.