careless shoppers

Why are some shoppers so bloody careless? Parked my Blackmagic FL vrs in the farthest and empty corner of the local shopping market for what must have been a hour max. Only to find a S-Max people carrier parked next to it when i came back out and most annoyingly a scuff along both doors and half of the rear quarter obviously a coat zip or bag has caused this. Only had the car for 2 weeks :@

Other people, dare I say most, just don't care and, even if you 'caught them in the act' and pointed out the error of their ways and the total lack of onsideration for someone elses property they'd merely say something along the lines of "it's only a car".

My pet hate is the total arseholes who can't be bothered to put their trolley back. Last week I even saw someone get to their car and find an abandoned trolley up against their front wing, so she moved it to the side, got in an drive off.

I know it wasn't her trolley but:

1) she had just seen that it had hit her car, so she left it to potentially hit another

2) when she first moved it and let go it rolled slightly, so she held it and then let go again, obviously aware that it must be 'balanced' quite precariously and therefore was entirely likely to roll again at te slightest breeze.

When taking mine back once I saw some woman abandon hers so I swept it into mine with something along the lines of "nah it's alright love, I'll put it away shall I?" but just got a load of scream use back, combined with a feeble excuse about having kids in the car. Funny how I manage when I've got mine with me but there you go.

Both local places have the trolleys where you have to put a quid in them now. I hate it as I hardly carry cash, littlun constantly plays with the dangling bar thing and if he doesn't it smack against my leg half the time. Unfortunately it's necessary though as its the only thing that will make people put stuff back where they got it.......

• Like 1

Both local places have the trolleys where you have to put a quid in them now. I hate it as I hardly carry cash, littlun constantly plays with the dangling bar thing and if he doesn't it smack against my leg half the time. Unfortunately it's necessary though as its the only thing that will make people put stuff back where they got it.......

I've got a little token thing that clips onto my keys, freebie from a conference stall, worth looking out for. I hate carrying change so I was always caught out.

I'd rather out up with that then have me car scratched yet again by some arse leaving the trolly out in a gale.

http://www.essexautoparts.co.uk/product/Trolley_Coin_Keyring_ZGB6740411050

• Like 1

Yep, absolute *******, the finacee also has an issue in her staff car park.

Frequently she chases after and mentions to the offender (as she's still been in the car in some cases) only for them to shrug it off.

Needless to say she won't be taking my car to her work.

The only real way to avoid this is to be inconsiderate yourself and park over two spaces.

OK, in a busy carpark, or near the door then this is going to end in tears, but right at the far end at the furthest point from the door, then just leave it over the white line!

I know what you mean we have a shop next door to our house I regularly catch folk leaning either themselves or boxes on the car, fecking inconsiderate grrrrrrr

That is the worst insult ever. You come back to your car and find someone leaning on it, having a conversation. The last time I "had a word" it almost turned nasty, because the other couple could not see anything wrong with their actions.

Mind you, I suppose that after asking them nicely - and them seeming a bit put out, I then reverted to good old Anglo Saxon to make my point.

I'm fearing the weekly shop at ASDA now. Fortunately we've got a little one so we always try and park in the child bays which seem to have a little more room either side but I bet that won't stop some spastic trying their best to dent my doors! :@

I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence but I have found that in the cheapest supermarket car park - and it is very tight and always crowded - my car has never been marked. This contrasts with my experience in the more upmarket car parks where it has frequently been carelessly abused. Is this indicative of a more careless and disrespectful attitude in the middle classes or is it simply that at the lower end of the economic scale people are more careful because they know the cost.

Yesterday I parked mine in a short-stay car park next to my office site gates, as I was running late. Came back to move it 2 hours later and there's a gouge running from the driver's door all the way back to the rear alloy and tyre!!! Went back to the security gate to see if their CCTV covered that far, but luckily the chap who'd done it had left his contact details with them. His excuse is that he didn't realise his steering was on full lock when he tried to reverse out, but surely in order to cause that much damage, once he realised his mistake he must have just kept on going!! Apparently the front corner of his car is completely mangled. Not a happy bunny, meant to be part-exing it in 4 weeks, just hope the new car doesn't arrive early now :(