bit of help needed and something interesting found.

Right Ill start with the interesting bit lol, while filling up today I cought a spring flap thing when I removed the nozzle and replaced, there was a hisss and gurggle lol.

by doing this I managed to get 5l more fuel in lol. result! this means Ill get 7 trips to work n not 6 n a half lol.

For thoes that dont know where it is:

Lift your filler nozzle out (Dont spill) and gently bush it back in while rubbing it down the plastic surround at the 3 o'clock position. youll see it when you try.

Let the air hiss out and put more juice in to the click and repeat. I only put 5l extra in.

How much can it take?

Now for the Help bit, I am having trouble with my pre heat. Ive done vcds and it gave me the fault for it. Ive swapped the glow plugs, checked the fuses and done the readyness thing on vcds I think it was so the relay clicks and all seemed fine. I have tried unpluging the Temp sensore and the light stays on for awhile then goes off, when its plugged in it coems on for a few seconds if that and goes off. . Ive swapped the temp sensore for a new one from TPS and it is the same results?

what else can I do?

when the sensor is plugged in it doesnt work n when unplugged it seems to work? Ill take the glow plugs out tonight at work and unplug the temp sensore again to see if it actually heats the plugs?

other than that whats your thoughts

Ive lost mpg too, which has got better since swapping for a new MAF and cam pos sensor. just this fault to sort now n she is fully fit again.

Cheers

billy

• Like 1

hi there billy2981, yes i've noticed this little plastic thing if you push in a rush of air and you can put more fuel in, done it today had 105miles still in tank put 45lts in yes 45lts and it could take more, so didn't bother, check miles in tank and it read 630miles, wow will try and fill it to brim next time. happy days. :giggle: yes less time refilling thats true. :thumbup:

• Like 1

01117 - Generator Terminal DF Load Signal: Implausible Signal

The usually means that one of the signal wires (brown/red) from the alternator is broken. One symptom is poor glowplug operation, so you need to fix it before it gets colder.

• Like 1

yes ollievrsDERV hope you found it, its just in the fuel pipework, fill your car until you see the diesel then use the fuel nozzle to push this button and you'll hear a hissing sound wait til it stops then fill again as before, keep filling and checking how much fuel your putting in ltrs, im averaging per tank fills 48-53mpg, i can get on a single journey to work using the M4 and A-roads 60-62mpg per journey on a good day @70mph.

thats it,

fill tank full full.

then gently push it down as tho your about to insert the nozzle again amd it shoud work.

looking at it when you fill your tank and put the cap back in, it actually does it for you and equalises between the 2 tanks thus allowing extra space for expansion in the both tanks not filling the other tank when it needs to.