Help, Am I a Skodaholic?

P55REY

Hi all,

I have been following Briskoda for many years, appreciating all the views and advice, so have finally signed in to offer my humble experiences to fellow Skoda owners.

I first became interested in Skoda cars helping my son out with buying my son a new 'Y' regd Fabia Classic 1.4 cars when they first came out. (Could not have him buy the Citreon AX deathtrap that was the only thing that he could afford)

That car quickly impressed me out of a rather boring Mk 4 Golf TDI into a Fabia Ambiente 1.9TDI '01' (which my youngest son had off me and survived a 60mph 360 deg shunt into the Armco, due to aquaplaning, without a scratch).

Growing addiction saw me get a Fabia vRS Mk1 in '53' as soon as I saw one. Had to have the demonstrator to satisfy my addiction

Sadly, within a year SHMBO thought that the vRS rode too hard, so we got an Octavia II Ambiente 1.9 TDI '54' (which is now with my youngest son) and I now drive an Octavia III SE 1.4 TSI DSG '59'. 1.4 TSI with DSG box is a revelation after years of manual TDIs.

Through gentle influence I have "sold" new Octavias to: my other son 1.6 FSI '55', a TDI DSG '56' to one friend and recently teased another friend out of a Jaguar X type into a Superb Elegance TDI DSG after persuading his wife to get a Fabia Elegance 1.6 DSG '57'

Today, I cracked again and ended up buying my son's wife a '58' Fabia 3 1.9 TDI Estate, officially as a family car for the grandchildren, but mainly so I can get to drive it at weekends to keep my "manual" hours up.

Spend most days plotting what to get next - Octavia vRS TFSI Estate or wait for the new Fabia in 2014 ideally with 1.4TSI again..........

Does anyone else think that I have become an incurable Skodaholic?

Edited by P55REY
  • Like 3

Welcome to Brisky.

I think you fail as the Skodaholic as you missed 1 golden opportunity - When SWMBO said the vRS was too hard, you could have bought her a non vRS to drive while you continued to enjoy the delights of the pocket rocket :happy::giggle: .

As for the next Skoda, choices, choices - New Rapid due very very soon, & MKIII Octy due next year, closely followed buy the next Fabia.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club! I know exactly where you're coming from! Apart from the ones I've owned, bought my Nephew a 1.9D Felicia, my neice a 1.3lxi felicia which has now been sold to another friend, Persuaded a friends son into a Mki Fabia & helped another friend sell his Fabia to an old friend who said he'd never buy a skoda!

• Like 1