Servicing - VRS

mattrsa

Hi All

I think it has come to the point where it is no longer worth it to get my vrs serviced by a garage and so am going to start doing it myself. I pretty confident with most thing ie brakes and oil change but having never owned a diesil before I am unsure of what the procedure is with the glow plugs. Do these need replacing like spark plugs on a car? every 12k or do I just leave them if there seem to be no problems.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Just make sure you do your oil/filter change on a regular basis with quality PD oil and don't forget to change fuel filter and brake fluid too at the required frequency (these are often over looked by DIY servicers).

Much more satisfying doing it yourself - enjoy!

Andy

Just think with the mileage now that the resell value is at a point where people that may buy the car will prob not car about a fully stamped service history plus servicing it myself will be a lot cheaper. Maybe I'm wrong but have never really had a car which I have not serviced myself.

I understand where your coming from, I believe the way my car runs is testimony to the life long service and maintenance it has received from Skoda main dealers. The car is priceless to me and I need it kept in top notch condition as it continues to rack up the miles. Plus I don't think I'd be confident in servicing it myself.

i would agree with you both, why not spoil the car once a year, let the technician give it a free health check and then get the minor jobs done yourself and save a few quid. thats what i've done in the last 6mths, job satisfaction.