Would you buy from these?

Hi guys,

As you may have seen, I'm after a mk2 vrs tdi cr. So far I've had a go in this one http://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/skoda-octavia-sheffield-196455.htm at the car people in sheffield.

It seemed pretty good and was very well looked after. Gonna view some more too though.

Would any here buy from the car people? The hire purchase finance seems quite good too (they use blackhorse finance).

Thoughts?

Nevermind the dealer, avoid the car, it's an import.

The dealer is also mis-selling it as a Common Rail (CR), it's the older PD engine.

It has 17" alloys instead of 18".

UK vRS's also got rear electric windows, climate control, jumbo box/central armrest as standard during 2007.

This 2009 car hasn't got these features.

It does have front and rear parking sensors and Maxidot though.

Id go to your Skoda dealer tell them how much you want to pay a month to see what they can do as the Mk 11 octy is coming to the end of production soon to be replaced by a different design Moreover I hear there are some good deals running to get rid of stock in readiness

Buying an import isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially as this particular car is now out of warranty.

They are generally worth a little less though so if you want this car let them know that you know and bargain hard.

The carpeople are one of the stack em' high, sell em' cheap outfits. They rarely negotiate on price but will often do deals on finance.

Some people on here have complained about a lack of interest from these car supermarkets when they suffer issues after the sale. A bit like they've sold you the car and now no longer care.

I have heard some good things about Car Giant though, and some really bad things about Carcraft.

Edited by silver1011

they will say their cars are cheap enough and as such the price is the price

Wakefield offered me £750 off a Superb at £11k after i told him i would go elsewhere

they tried to pump high APR finance into me but i left without buying anyway

if you look at a lot of dealers they are still offering the "no vat" offer as the current run is coming to an end

so you can get 20% off a new car and also get another £500 off and 3 years free servicing if you take their finance out

then after 3 months pay the finance off if you wish or just finance £3k of it

DO NOT trust them, they do not seem to have a clue! Spot the mistake in this ad...

http://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/skoda-octavia-wakefield-200130.htm

Advertised as an FSI with pics of a TDI engine bay?!

STEER CLEAR!!! But from a member here or a franchised dealer - just my humble opinions and advise...

Just out of interest. Does the older pd engine still have the same tax band as my CR vRS is £170 tax. Also was the pd not phased out by 2009. Not suggesting its not an import just thinking out loud. 17" wheels aren't bad at all they much cheaper in tyres especially winter one.

Edited by jonnie5

Just out of interest. Does the older pd engine still have the same tax band as my CR vRS is £170 tax. Also was the pd not phased out by 2009. Not suggesting its not an import just thinking out loud. 17" wheels aren't bad at all they much cheaper in tyres especially winter one.

no

£215 py

Lol looked at his feedback. Recent transactions say:

1 Citroen Service Book - Brand new In Italian

2 DIY Personalised self inkingnrubber stamp kit

LOOOL i bet all his cars will come with FSH

Edited by Tommy_TadPole

Speak to Mark Hall at ~Derek Slack push to see what the best but best monthly £xxx He can do on their new 1.6cr tdi octy connect with the warranty servicing and peace of mind its worth considering. Failing that what about an ex demmo ?

I only pay £170 tax for my 2008 VRS pd TDI, so same as the CR.

My CR is £135. You had me guessing for a bit so I checked DVLA online (raining out so can't be arsed to check the actual tax disc)

DO NOT trust them, they do not seem to have a clue! Spot the mistake in this ad...

http://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/skoda-octavia-wakefield-200130.htm

Advertised as an FSI with pics of a TDI engine bay?!

STEER CLEAR!!! But from a member here or a franchised dealer - just my humble opinions and advise...

According to DVLA's records, SH11JHU is blue and has a 1984cc petrol engine...

According to DVLA's records, SH11JHU is blue and has a 1984cc petrol engine...

That's nice but don't see the relevance to the car I am talking of...

Whats going on here, the description says petrol, the engine photo shows a diesel and the rev counter shows a 6500rpm red line ????????. It's a hybrid octavia lol.

Yeah, I spotted this also!

That's nice but don't see the relevance to the car I am talking of...

My typo! :blush: I have now corrected the reg number. Other details for the car you are talking about are as I posted.

Whats going on here, the description says petrol, the engine photo shows a diesel and the rev counter shows a 6500rpm red line ????????. It's a hybrid octavia lol.

I think the engine bay photo is simply a library photo, quiet a common practice in the industry. At least the rest of the photos are correct.