No spare wheel?

MickA

Then what did you get as standard with your Citigo if you didn't order a spare wheel?

Is there supposed to be a tyre repair kit, like a can of that repair sealant?

Mick

My car came without a spare wheel (something i later requested as compensation for beadles messing me about) and it is a wide polystyrene insert with a bottle of sealant, a 12V powered Air compressor (Quite Handy to have) a tow loop and a screw driver.

I must say since i have been driving with the spare in the car i think its dropped the fuel economy by 1 or 2 mpg. not much really for the peace at mind that if you have a puncture you can actually change that wheel.

I got the spare wheel thrown in and the dealer still left the sealant and the compressor. Bet some dealers would do an exchange as the good quality compressors aren't cheap.

Good for who?Certainly not the customer. Years ago a car would never have been sold without a spare. Today it is all about cost saving and earning extra money for the car makers. So many cars do not come with spares these days,or Temp gauges. What next.....Does sir want a steering wheel with his new car?That will be an extra £200.Oh and sir wants driving and passenger seats?Thats an extra £500!!

Edited by SMART EXAMINER

What is the problem here? You're paying for it either way. It is not that they have not provided it as an option, it would indeed be akward if there was no space for the spare. Now we can choose,

I did see that Watchdog item about spare wheels, or repair kit.

Just for my own needs really what I want to know is...

If no spare wheel is ordered with the car do you get as standard, a repair kit consisting of a can of sealant and a compressor.

Do you get tools like a wheel wrench or even a jack?

If you have ordered a spare wheel what does that come with, just the wheel or other items?

And lastly, if you do have a repair kit as standard (sealant/compressor) do they remove it, and if so, why should they remove it if you've ordered a spare wheel as an extra item?

I'm just curious really as I might be missing these items in the boot.

Mick

Edited by MickA

There has been a thread started last week about that watchdog report.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/253470-watchdog-tyre-repair-kit/

Even if I've only had one small puncture in 6 years, I'd still want a spare wheel in my car. Tyre goo only fixes small punctures on part to the tread. It won't fix large punctures, blow-outs, rim leaks sidewall or wheel damage.

Tyre goo also universally hated by tyre places, as apparently it goes everywhere inside the tyre and all over the wheel. Once they have spent an age cleaning it off, the labour means you'll be charged almost as much as for a replacement.

If you have a large hole or blowout, you aint going anywhere. Tyre goo is rubbish, it hardly ever works so buy that spare wheel!

Im having to stump up £150, as my car isnt a personal order so has left factory with goo.... but well worth the £50 if you order yourself.

If you have a large hole or blowout, you aint going anywhere. Tyre goo is rubbish, it hardly ever works so buy that spare wheel!

Im having to stump up £150, as my car isnt a personal order so has left factory with goo.... but well worth the £50 if you order yourself.

So back to my original question and going on what is posted above, they take the goo and compressor out and replace it with a £50 spare wheel, yes?

So if a spare is added later it costs more, but at least you have the standard supplied goo and compressor, for what it's worth.

Mick

A steel spare wheel, tool kit, jack etc. is standard on even the base model Citigo in Ireland. It's shown as a no cost option when specifying your car using the website.