Wheel tracking

MikeWales

Does anyone know what the tracking settings are for my 2.0TDI 4x4 Yeti?

Following my hitting the kerb the other day, I had to buy a new Dunlop SP Sport and had the tracking adjusted.

The steering wheel centre bar is not now horizontal at the straight ahead position.

The garage only had a list of tracking requirements up to 2009 car manufacture. No good for my Yeti then!

Any ideas? Thanks.

Does anyone know what the tracking settings are for my 2.0TDI 4x4 Yeti?

Following my hitting the kerb the other day, I had to buy a new Dunlop SP Sport and had the tracking adjusted.

The steering wheel centre bar is not now horizontal at the straight ahead position.

The garage only had a list of tracking requirements up to 2009 car manufacture. No good for my Yeti then!

Any ideas? Thanks.

If the steering wheel is not the same position as it came from the factory, then the tracking has been adjusted wrong, perhaps only on one wheel or perhaps something is bent.

As a rule of thumb all FWD tracking is set at ZERO to 2 DEGREES OUT. If the garage could not find the correct value, they should not have carried out any adjustments.

if you hit the kerb, you may have bent something as well especially if you needed to replace the tyre as a result. The suspension is not very strong when it comes to side impacts.

If the steering wheel is not straight ahead, then the garage have done it wrong. if the car felt fine before they were let lose on it, chances are the alignment was still correct, and all they have done is screw it up. Take it somewhere who knows what they are doing, and get a full 4 wheel alignment done as who knows what else is wrong (if anything) with the suspension / steering components following the impact. A full 4WA is the only real way to find out whats bent, if anything.