New vRS owner, old forum member :)

Felicia racer

Hey guys

It been a while since I've been on here, (apart from the other week) lol.

Anyway ive just put a deposit down on a brand new Fabia vRS in blue.

Plus I'm really pleased because there's no waiting time as the dealer has one in the showroom :)

After trying lots of new cars recently, I finally bit the bullet and bought a new car.

I've looked at and driven recently;

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

VW Polo Gti

Renaultsport Clio 200

Toyota GT86

Golf Gti

Skoda Fabia Vrs

Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI

I decided that the Toyota was far too expensive and there's no turbo model yet... The Polo gti was really spectular but not worth 6k over a Fabia, the Corsa again nice but a bit too chav, the Clio would have been great but I wanted boost in my life, and the Seat would have been too slow. Oh the golf was second hand.

Since I don't do much track driving, I've only done a few laps round the Nurburgring it hasn't got to be a track monster.

Also my commute has gotten shorter and more stop start, so the dsg is going to be good.

My car history.

Skoda Felicia Laurin & Klement

Skoda Octavia

Renaultsport Clio172

Skoda Fabia vRS mk2

So I pick the new Fabia up Friday and I can't wait :)

More pics will be up Friday.

EDIT the forum doesn't like my photo :(

No plans for modifying it yet, but time will tell :)

Edited by Felicia racer

Im surprised you think the Fabia better than the clio especially seeing as you previously owned a 172?

I also had a clio 172,172 exclusive, a williams and a few valvers and to my mind i think they are the best handling

most fun cars on the road for the money. I know its nice to have a turbo / supercharger etc but as the saying

goes "there is no replacement for displacement" and the revy 2.0 lump in the clio is about as good as it gets.

That said i still wouldnt buy another one due to all the electrical faults and build quality issues. How doed the

Polo / Seat / Skoda differ i thought they would all be similar share same charcteristics etc seing as they are

same group?

The clios are fantastic handling cars no doubt.

I didn't say the Fabia was better, it was the better choice for me.

I wanted something new, and easy to drive for my commute, that could be good for fuel, when not booting it.

The polo has a nicer interior, less / different plastic, and things are more thought out, like the mdi socket in the glovebox.

They share the same switchgear, engine etc.

Just a different price tag.

I'm keeping my clio for track days, so two cars for different purposes.

I'm keeping my clio for track days, so two cars for different purposes.

I see makes sense now. Yeah i agree with the logic Cliosport for fun handling and unrivaled squirt for your money and the reliability and

build quality + fuel economy of the skoda. I had nothing but trouble from my clios but the smile they put on your face going round a race track

at speed is worth it. I haven't had a fabia yet but all myocty vrs have been much more reliable and also very nice everyday car with a bit of

poke when you need it. Good choice nice colour btw. ;-) same blue as my new vrs blackline.