Anyone fitted a replacement stereo unit?

I've fitted one of the cheaper items off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290735917424?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Well pleased with it, Sat Nav works well, plays music off CD, DVD and SD, steering controls still work and bluetooth's to my phone as well

Next job is to get a reversing camera fitted :happy:

Only downside I found was the Multi interface doesn't work, but it has USB input so not that bothered. Looks factory fitted as well which is a bonus :rofl:

I have got a Pioneer AVIC 9310BT, works great. Comes with a quadlock connector so no ISO leads to mess with, plug and play, took ten minutes to fit. It retains reversing sensor display and climate display if you have it,

They are a custom fit for Skoda / VW / SEAT

I've fitted one of the cheaper items off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2648

Well pleased with it, Sat Nav works well, plays music off CD, DVD and SD, steering controls still work and bluetooth's to my phone as well

Next job is to get a reversing camera fitted :happy:

Only downside I found was the Multi interface doesn't work, but it has USB input so not that bothered. Looks factory fitted as well which is a bonus :rofl:

Ooow I like the idea and price of getting one of them.

Thanks for the advice guys. Fluffmeister - how's the sound quality compared to the original unit you removed? Can I ask where you bought it from please? Feel free to PM me if you prefer :)

Sound quality is great, CAN-BUS compatible, works with steering wheel controls etc and looks good imho as it's a bit more minimalist.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F9310BT/page.html

I got mine Secondhand off Ebay for £400 with All Wiring / TMC unit / FAKRA Adapter. I was going to go for one of the chinese ebay jobbies, but have had some bad experiences in the past (no disrespect to the poster above who bought one.)

I was going to go for one of the chinese ebay jobbies, but have had some bad experiences in the past (no disrespect to the poster above who bought one.)

Hey no worries :happy: I was a bit dubious, but it was from a UK seller, and when I first installed it I couldn't change the button colour from Red to Green, contacted the vendor and they got back straight away and explained how to do it, so no complaints there. Instructions are a bit lacking but it's fairly simple to figure out, currently playing music from the SD card and it's great.

I would have gone for a branded make, Skoda had a Kenwood in the showroom but at £1,000 I thought it was a tad expensive :wonder:

I fitted one for a friend in his MkV Golf, identical to the one on ebay. Comes with everything you need, and pretty straightforward to install. Should be a breeze in the Fabia, unfortunately it was a pain in the Golf as the whole centre of the dash had to come off. He's had it for over 2 years now, and he's very pleased with it. Sounds good too and looks great and quite subtle, it blends in well and looks like stock.

Personally, I would also have a look at some units from Kenwood that have a detachable faceplate, for that extra peace of mind. Last time I looked (long time ago) they didn't have satnav and they are standard double-DIN fitment, so need an adaptor fascia. But that doesn't make them any harder to install really, and they were priced very reasonably. I think it's a significant advantage to have a detachable faceplate when you have such a large monitor showing on your dash. I hate to be a downer, but we all know how attractive these things are to thieves. Can't be too careful these days!

The VW RCD 510 unit is what I would like.

Looks similar to the eBay one above.

Apparently a similar one is fitted to the Octavia but they don't offer the upgrade in the Fabia.

The RCD 510 has a 6 CD changer, touch screen, SD card slot, phone, DAB tuner, compatible with the MDI port.

However as an option on the polo gti, its a 500quid upgrade, but in the accessories broucure ie not from new its 1031quid :0

Although if the Kenwood or Pioneer ones are good I may have a look at those instead.

The VW RCD 510 unit is what I would like.

Looks similar to the eBay one above.

Apparently a similar one is fitted to the Octavia but they don't offer the upgrade in the Fabia.

The RCD 510 has a 6 CD changer, touch screen, SD card slot, phone, DAB tuner, compatible with the MDI port.

However as an option on the polo gti, its a 500quid upgrade, but in the accessories broucure ie not from new its 1031quid :0

Although if the Kenwood or Pioneer ones are good I may have a look at those instead.

RCD510 is a Bolero, and there's one in the For Sale section at the moment. They don't have built Bluetooth though, you have to add the Bluetooth module at a cost of around £160 ish. And they don't come (used) with a CD Changer but it can be added.

They are good unit's though and maintain the factory look :-)

• 1 year later...

I've fitted one of the cheaper items off ebayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290735917424?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648Well pleased with it, Sat Nav works well, plays music off CD, DVD and SD, steering controls still work and bluetooth's to my phone as wellNext job is to get a reversing camera fitted :happy:Only downside I found was the Multi interface doesn't work, but it has USB input so not that bothered. Looks factory fitted as well which is a bonus :rofl:

How well does the Bluetooth work with the phone? Can you use the steering wheel to skip songs with it?

I'm only really after a new unit for the Bluetooth!