What is an EGR Delete?

You'll have a piece of metal pipe in place of an EGR valve (which also houses the ASV -anti shudder valve).

When you do this the ECU knows and records a fault and lights up the engine management light. It can be mapped out on ASZ engines but not BLT.

How would you know if you have a BLT enginer and not an ASZ? Does it matter the car I have has already been remapped?

year of car, I think the BLT engines were fitted around late 2005.

Exhaust gas cooler fitted on BLT engines.

Engine code stated on V5

A lot of tuners tend to modify the expected airflow map (EGR map) to close off the EGR to promote a faster spool-up, helps keep the air intake cleaner etc etc, as already suggested, disconnect the vac hose to the EGR and see what happens. If an EML comes on the software will need tweaking. This can be done to an existing remap if you go to the right person, a full remap is definitely NOT needed.

Apologies all, I'm still struggling to understand this and am concerned as I have an EGR issue at the mo!

It's going in the garage on Monday, think they're going to clean it. If they replace it, will my Awesome GTI remap be affected? Would you recommend anything to pass onto the garage?

Sorry kevin that I've gone off the subject slightly!

So is there absolutely no way of turning off the engine light on a BLT engine thats been remapped with an EGR delete?

Both Shark and Jabba have maps that can turn off the light on BLT engines.

• Like 1