console/wishbone mount

m-davey

i have sheared a bolt that holds my wishbone to the mount so was wondering if anybody knew where i could find a replacement mount and tbh what they are called as everything i try to google search brings up nothing.

thanks in advance

m-davey

There are bolts all over securing wishbone /console to body?

Assuming it's the long bolt that goes through the front metal wishbone and screws into the rear alloy wishbone/console.

The bolt from SKODA about £4.00, the rear alloy console/wishbone in the region of £75.00 which has the rear rubber bush already fitted, from SKODA.

Suggest, remove rear alloy wishbone/console and try to remove bolt-end that has snapped off, perhaps take it to a garage to play some heat onto it, and then reassemble,

Someone on this site, just might have a spare alloy console wishbone, they are left and right handed wishbone/ consoles.

Failing that, the breakers yard perhaps a cheaper alternative?

Been there with my son's Fabia1, which side do you need new console for. We may have a spare near side (Kerb-side).

Heat, stillsons etc could not shift the bolt so resorted to breakers for replacement.

Let me know which side you need and we may have what you want!! Cheap!!!

Main trouble stems from the bolt being made of steel and the console being made of alloy.

Natural corrosion takes place between the two types of metals.

I don't think you have a lot of choice here, so as said get the two sides of consoles fresh bolts and get to it.

In the long run, you could get estimates from a garage to fit consoles? whether you supply consoles or the garage supplies them.