Rear Wipe Arm Missing section

servicepoint

Noticed this morning that the Yeti was missing the small black plastic section that should be round the arm locator ehrre the washer jet is. Without it the nut is open to the elements and corrosion.

It was never very secure, first week of the car a pedestrian caught it on their jacket and pulled it off but kindly chapped the window and handed it to me.

Anyone know the part number?

Halloween hooligan :wonder:

P/N according to the Russian Vagcats is;

1K8 955 435

Found it on ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-VW-REAR-WIPER-ARM-NUT-COVER-CAP-1K8955435-/380437329933?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5893d4f80d

Regards,

TP

Fantastic.. thanks TP.

Get that ordered later.

No need to order from eBay. Your local Skoda dealer can order it for you. My cover came off last year and was replaced by Henry's Skoda, Glasgow, for less than a fiver. Ordered it one afternoon and was delivered the next day. The cover is easy to fit as it just snaps on.

No need to order from eBay. Your local Skoda dealer can order it for you. My cover came off last year and was replaced by Henry's Skoda, Glasgow, for less than a fiver. Ordered it one afternoon and was delivered the next day. The cover is easy to fit as it just snaps on.

Not when your nearest dealer is over an hour away!!

Be VERY careful with the exposed washer jet whilst the cover is missing & when fitting the new one.

If the jet breaks off in the housing, the only remedy is to replace the entire wiper motor assembly - as my dealer found out when a mechanic caught the cap with his sleeve, braking the jet in the process. Expensive! :sweat:

Be VERY careful with the exposed washer jet whilst the cover is missing & when fitting the new one.

If the jet breaks off in the housing, the only remedy is to replace the entire wiper motor assembly - as my dealer found out when a mechanic caught the cap with his sleeve, braking the jet in the process. Expensive! :sweat:

Could someone post a picture of how it should look, I'm now wondering if mine has been snapped off with the jet too!! :@

Could someone post a picture of how it should look, I'm now wondering if mine has been snapped off with the jet too!! :@

At the pivoting end of your rear wiper, is it a smooth plastic cover?

If yes, then don't worry.

And you know if the jet had been broken off, as the screen wouldn't get washed!! I presume you do use your rear washer?