Just fitted my Winter wheels and...

apmaman

The ride! The ride! Its so soft and no where near as crashy! These high profile tyres feel amazing, so quiet and just lovely.

Needless to say I've aged 40 years posting this.... Must do some burnouts to remind myself im still 23.

I had my winter wheels and tyres fitted last weekend and the grip in wet conditions is ace no more wheel spinning from junctions. Only thing that bugs me though is the steering wheel vibrates when I'm above 60mph.

I bought good year ultra grip 8's last year. They served me well through the winter. I'm using 195 65 15's. They are slightly too big as I was meant to order 60 profile instead but they work great.

The steering does feel noticable lighter and more vague but thats what to expect with thinner taller tyres.

If anyone is familiar with Dundee, this is the "biggest hill" in the city, and I drove up it in the snow no bother at all.

2012-04-03085948.jpg

IMG_20120505_182223.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had my winter wheels and tyres fitted last weekend and the grip in wet conditions is ace no more wheel spinning from junctions. Only thing that bugs me though is the steering wheel vibrates when I'm above 60mph.

Your wheels have not been balanced correctly then take it back to where you got them fitted and ask them to rebalance the wheels.

• Like 1