My Remap At Awesome GTI

Lofty79

Thought id let yous all know of my experience today:

At first I was hesitant as the distance was quite large (did 630 miles in total)

When i got there, i was welcomed pleasantly, and given coffee/tea options, workshop was busy but very very clean. And i like being able to see the whole process.

My car was seen within 10 minutes and i think it was Pete? who did the mapping, that took about an hour, and he looked very much like he knew what he was doing.

He then took it for a road test and came back happy it was good. Friendly chap, nice to chat to.

The Drive:

Instantly noticed the torque increases, she had no chance of putting power down in the wet in second, and third was able to grip in straight line only.

There is noticeably LESS smoke, which i wasnt expecting, and the engine sounds and feels smoother. I wouldnt say power is groundbreaking, but the improvement is very very good.

On the motorway i had chance to test the car extensively, and the 60-90mph acceleration really took me by surprise, actually quite impressive for a 90bhp engine. Fuel economy was notable improved, i used just over a half tank on way down, but on way back i did a little playing and it was peeing it down, but still got back without needing any fuel. so she used .... what.... 5 or 6 litres less on way home.

Overall it has been a great experience, and the map although generic was very good. A very happy man here.

• Like 4

yeah he was on it a while. Its so smoke free in fact, i could squeeze more out of her with hammer mod if i wanted. even in rear view with car behind in dark no smoke. Another 5 brake could be had i think, but its more than enough for now.

I think what helped is the guy has same engine as mine and is passionate about it so knew his stuff. Im still grinning and looking for reasons to go out haha, heading over dundee for a scottish vag meet tonight that should appease my desire to drive and talk boring crap about cars.

• Like 1

Really glad to hear you are pleased with the remap in all ways! A very long drive here and back but sounds very much worth it!! You are more than welcome to drive down again for some other mods too :D hehe!!

If there is anything else can myself or anyone else can help with just ask! We are always here!

Awesome Mike

Get yourself a good set of tyres. MY car had primacy HPs on when I got it. I could wheelspin in third on a damp road with them with 3.5mm of tread! It was scary to say the least on corners. Got a full set of fitted uniroyal rain experts for £260 fitted etc etc from event tyres. You would have to seriously go crazy to spin even in first now. Revving to 2000rpm then letting the clutch in quick gave no indication of a any slip coming. Didn't bother trying higher because its a diesel for god sake!

well ive put in 110 bhp injectors, hollowed the catalytic, larger boost pipes, egr delete, and elephant mod. realistically with the map i would say 125bhp ish but it is quite torquey now aswell

• Like 1

realistically with the map i would say 125bhp ish but it is quite torquey now aswell

I thought it as going on a rolling road as part of the mapping process at Awesome, or did I dream that bit?

I thought it as going on a rolling road as part of the mapping process at Awesome, or did I dream that bit?

no it was a generic map so no need. but my car likes it anyway

Good good!! :D

Don't worry about the questions either, I would have come and had a brew with you in the waiting area but Mondays are always manic for me :( !

As above the Awesome generic mapping does not go on the rollers as part of the serivce but it can be done for an extra fee of £66.00 inc VAT

Awesome Mike

Is that all? For some reason I thought they were close to twice that. I have been to Awesome ages ago for a RR day, was very impressed with their place. Might be tempted to see what the 130 can manage sometime next year.