Air filter options

Kate&tim

I know when i first bought my car I phoned Skoda UK and they said the eibachs were not a skoda fitted option and wouldnt be covered under warranty. I then phoned a couple skoda dealerships and they one was happy to fit eibachs and cover under warranty, the other said no.

At the time eibachs were an option on the mk2 Octavia via the official skoda accessories, but they werent an option on the fabia platform.

Ive not checked it since, and that was over a year ago, so it might well have changed now.

edit,

just looked and they are an option now, took them long enough!! only 20 mm though, and not cheap either. Way i see it, you only lose warranty for itms effected by the mod. The likelihood of the suspension failing in the first 3-5 years is very slim IMO so not worth worrying about warranty.

I know when i first bought my car I phoned Skoda UK and they said the eibachs were not a skoda fitted option and wouldnt be covered under warranty. I then phoned a couple skoda dealerships and they one was happy to fit eibachs and cover under warranty, the other said no.

At the time eibachs were an option on the mk2 Octavia via the official skoda accessories, but they werent an option on the fabia platform.

Ive not checked it since, and that was over a year ago, so it might well have changed now.

edit,

just looked and they are an option now, took them long enough!! only 20 mm though, and not cheap either. Way i see it, you only lose warranty for itms effected by the mod. The likelihood of the suspension failing in the first 3-5 years is very slim IMO so not worth worrying about warranty.

the eibachs are covered under warranty ardandy has an email from suk confirming this :) also just a note but didnt effect my insurance premium at all

Ive read about many people saying they only be going stage 1......

I have decat OEM downpipe which would allow you to go stage 2 and look 100% OEM from the outside. no one will know....plus you can swap back to your own OEM DP easy as pie. You now you want it.....

Ive read about many people saying they only be going stage 1......

I have decat OEM downpipe which would allow you to go stage 2 and look 100% OEM from the outside. no one will know....plus you can swap back to your own OEM DP easy as pie. You now you want it.....

What are you looking at for the decat downpipe?

How has it been decatted , cut and welded or gutted the cat?