stretch

m-davey

they'd have to be Summat like 165/55/16 to get a stretched look on a 6.5j rim. . .

would be pretty pointless coz standard wheels don't poke,which is the reason for stretching tires. .

im not saying don't do it,that's all personal preference :-)

• Like 2

yeah i agree tbh and was thinking the same its just one of the many stupid ideas i have . looks like the gf will be getting he xmas present replaced by alloys instead lol. ( at least she will be able to look at her present )

• Like 1

Not being all negative here, but what's the point of stretch? Or is it just to make it look good/different/fit bigger wheels?

I've got 8.5s with 255 tyres on. Surely with an extra 12cm of tyre width per axle that's gotta be the better option?

As far as I am concerned, the sooner stretched tyres are ruled illegal on road cars the better. The tyre manufactures state recommended wheel sizes for the different widths and going beyond that is a recipe for disaster. A lot of tyre fitting places will no longer fit tyres to wheels that do no meet the tyre manufactures requirements, since they would be liable in the event of tyre failure.

This guy was lucky he did not end up in a ditch after the sidewall failed mid corner.

post-47-0-67872100-1352791605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

^^^^ this is why briskoda is so funny lol :D!!!

The OP asked a question about what tyre size to get to create stretch on his 6.5" standard rims...

...not "is stretch a good idea"...

Didnt take long for the squares to respond lololol!!

Im pretty sure he is aware of what happens when u stretch a tyre lol :D

... maybe ull have 2 sign up to another forum m8 to find out stuff like that...

...because it won't take u long to find out that on here if u dont have spiders with 205/40 tyres lowered on 30mm springs with a LCR splitter... they dont have a clue lol

People forget this is a CARS forum... where some people like to modify there CARS .... can i say it... DIFFERENTLY lol :D :D!!!

Were not talking about a 165 tyre on a 8.5" here... and hes not guna be drifting etc lol..

The point of stretched tyres (for those who dont already know):

1. To be able to fit wider wheels without catching

2. To be able to lower the car more (god forbid!)

3. To lower the look of the tyre profile (more wheel less tyre)

4. To be able to fit bigger wheels + not over fill the arches

;)

• Like 4

^^^^ this is why briskoda is so funny lol :D!!!

The OP asked a question about what tyre size to get to create stretch on his 6.5" standard rims...

...not "is stretch a good idea"...

Didnt take long for the squares to respond lololol!!

Im pretty sure he is aware of what happens when u stretch a tyre lol :D

... maybe ull have 2 sign up to another forum m8 to find out stuff like that...

...because it won't take u long to find out that on here if u dont have spiders with 205/40 tyres lowered on 30mm springs with a LCR splitter... they dont have a clue lol

People forget this is a CARS forum... where some people like to modify there CARS .... can i say it... DIFFERENTLY lol :D :D!!!

Were not talking about a 165 tyre on a 8.5" here... and hes not guna be drifting etc lol..

The point of stretched tyres (for those who dont already know):

1. To be able to fit wider wheels without catching

2. To be able to lower the car more (god forbid!)

3. To lower the look of the tyre profile (more wheel less tyre)

4. To be able to fit bigger wheels + not over fill the arches

;)

HAHA good post!

You woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

I have TD 1.2s with 205/45 tyres, lowered on AP coilovers with no splitter, and I still think stretch 1) looks **** and 2) if done incorrectly can be dangerous. Just buy some wheels that fit properly, job done, I see stretched tyres as the equivalent of buying a size 8 dress when you're a size 16; it's not aesthetically pleased and people will just be laughing at you as soon as you've passed ;)

Edited by gac

I have TD 1.2s with 205/45 tyres, lowered on AP coilovers with no splitter, and I still think stretch 1) looks **** and 2) if done incorrectly can be dangerous. Just buy some wheels that fit properly, job done, I see stretched tyres as the equivalent of buying a size 8 dress when you're a size 16; it's not aesthetically pleased and people will just be laughing at you as soon as you've passed ;)

NOM NOM NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM NOM NOM

Nice catch Matt

its simple really. . if ya wanna run stretched tires because YOU like the look then that's upto you. . .if ya don't . . don't . .

and if ya gonna do so realise that there is consequences. . like don't go hooning into a corner too fast. . .watch out for pot holes n kerbs ect. .

drift cars run huge stretch. . i don't see there wheels flying off the rim?. . .even when there lit up in a corner. .

if ya don't like stretched tires tho there's no need to go off about it. . its all personal preference.

Edited by vrs'burks

As far as I am concerned, the sooner stretched tyres are ruled illegal on road cars the better. The tyre manufactures state recommended wheel sizes for the different widths and going beyond that is a recipe for disaster. A lot of tyre fitting places will no longer fit tyres to wheels that do no meet the tyre manufactures requirements, since they would be liable in the event of tyre failure.

This guy was lucky he did not end up in a ditch after the sidewall failed mid corner.

pretty sure that happens on normal sized tires too if ya don't keep an eye on ur pressures and run it too soft. .