What Would Cause This So Suddenly

vRS19TD

Well, went out to the car and had the engine running for about 10 mins before going for a drive, with the EML lit up for the whole time i was sitting there. Then started to drive her, looked at the dash and the EML has gone off. :o

Drove for about 30 mins and didn't come back on, so keeping everything crossed that it's fine now. :)

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help given. :thumbup:

Well, after going out in the car earlier, i had the ABS and ASR lights come back on after pulling out of a parking space. Went i went back out to the car an hour later, the lights had gone, only to come back on after about 30 mins.

Checked the repair job and it's still intact but i'm wondering if the wiring might be a little lose or whether the cold is affecting it.

It was absolutely fine on Saturday when i went out, so this is quite frustrating. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Still having the lights coming on randomly. I can start the car and it's fine, then i drive for a few minutes and the lights come on. :(

Also seems like the car reverts back to standard and not remapped after about 15-20 minutes of driving as well. Could that be because of the lights coming on??

I've just been out and it felt fine on the way home, until the lights had been on for about 20 mins, then it felt sluggish. :(

Any ideas?? Would trying to clear the fault codes hopefully work after i've fixed the wiring??

Managed to change my original fix as water had gotten into the connections which caused the fault to comeback. Seems to be working okay again now and the lights have all gone off the dash but now it's feeling like the car is going along normally, then suddenly remembers it's remapped and i get extra boost. :(

Hopefully, clearing the original faults should solve this.

Get the Sensor changed as it sounds like the break and dash lights are causing the car to go into a form of limp mode.

Get the sensor replaced/Replace the sensor yourself, Get all codes cleared down then report back if any further issues.

the main thing to remember.... your fix is only a temp fix to get you through untill you can replace the sensor... you have proved that is the problem.

Found this.....

93960A3C-44E8-458C-84A1-86F456370B61-3576-000002B89EB40AF6.jpg

68CD5BD0-AD72-47F8-B9EE-1456B31DB285-3576-000002B8A8687F4D.jpg

I'm guessing this is the source to my christmas tree dash but why would this just come apart?

That is the wiring to the ABS sensor that is on the hub carrier itself.........get a new loom section from Skoda dealer or scrapyard

All ABS cars have a fixed sensor which is bolted to the hub carrier/ suspension/brake mount..........and a rotating disc or in our case a magnetic reluctor ring built into the rotating hub.

And yes the fixed ABS sensor is inserted into a very small tight space which collects water and the single bolt which secures it seizes and so does the sensor as it has a brass surround.......so drilling out may only be the way to go!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

......but now it's feeling like the car is going along normally, then suddenly remembers it's remapped and i get extra boost. :(

Haven't been able to get the car hooked up yet as my U281 hasn't been delivered as promised. Does anyone think this issue could be clutch slip or is it still likely to be something to do with the broken abs/asr wiring being fixed but the fault not yet cleared??

• 2 weeks later...

That is the wiring to the ABS sensor that is on the hub carrier itself.........get a new loom section from Skoda dealer or scrapyard

All ABS cars have a fixed sensor which is bolted to the hub carrier/ suspension/brake mount..........and a rotating disc or in our case a magnetic reluctor ring built into the rotating hub.

And yes the fixed ABS sensor is inserted into a very small tight space which collects water and the single bolt which secures it seizes and so does the sensor as it has a brass surround.......so drilling out may only be the way to go!!!!

I've found a few places breaking Fabia vRS's on eBay and messaged them but what should i ask for so i get it right??

I'm not too fussed about the sensor, just the wiring. Where does it run from to get to the sensor/hub??

Vrs19td - if your near crawley then pop to pease pottage breakers yard. Massive place for spare parts (complete grill for £5 :) )

Not sure if you have a fault code reader yet but i have one and ur more than welcome to pop round to use it. Same goes for any other briskoda member.

Vrs19td - if your near crawley then pop to pease pottage breakers yard. Massive place for spare parts (complete grill for £5 :) )

Not sure if you have a fault code reader yet but i have one and ur more than welcome to pop round to use it. Same goes for any other briskoda member.

I didn't realise there was a breakers yard that way, cheers. Do they have a Fabia vRS they're breaking though??? I'm limiting myself by only looking for the part on these cars but i want to be sure i get the right bit.

My U281 did turn up eventually thanks. Cleared the faults on there but haven't been for a spin since.

I didn't realise there was a breakers yard that way, cheers. Do they have a Fabia vRS they're breaking though??? I'm limiting myself by only looking for the part on these cars but i want to be sure i get the right bit.

My U281 did turn up eventually thanks. Cleared the faults on there but haven't been for a spin since.

John, if you go to the scrapper, can you get hold of the right side boot carpet cover? if you can, ill pay you for postage and costs!

• 4 weeks later...

ASR/ABS lights came back on on Thursday, read and cleared on Saturday but the lights never went off. :(

Will be taking another look at it on the weekend but i think replacing or soldering the wire are my best options.

Anyone know the part number for the wire/cable i need??

• 2 months later...

ASR/ABS lights came back on on Thursday, read and cleared on Saturday but the lights never went off. :(

Will be taking another look at it on the weekend but i think replacing or soldering the wire are my best options.

Anyone know the part number for the wire/cable i need??

Did you ever sort this buddy?

Did you ever sort this buddy?

It's been connected together using a block and a lot of tape. Haven't had time to source the part i need yet really and i think trying to do it myself will be a bit too much.

It's holding together at the moment, so i'm happy to keep it as it is for now.