2003 Black Magic Fabia vRS -

VladSoilerOfCarpets

Took this as a swap earlier this year and planned on keeping it until I decided I very much liked the BMW I'd bought to turn a profit on.

Basics:

- 2003 '53 plate.

- Black Magic bodywork.

- standard odd cloth interior.

- remapped to 160bhp/55-60mpg.

- standard vRS Spiders.

- 157k and a little bit more.

- Tax until Feb '12 (£115 per year).

- MOT until April '12 (passed last one with NO ADVISORIES).

- service history (some Skoda, mostly independent).

A little more in-depth:

- new turbo in 2009.

- cambelt & full service done around June this year.

- new clutch & flywheel in 2011.

- recent fresh full service.

- massive stack of receipts.

- one key, new one will cost around the £125 mark from an indy.

- interior not in the best nick- a driver's seat will be required if you're picky, and a bloody good steam clean.

- bodywork OK- a chip on each front door, very slight dent in the NSR door, rear bumper distorted, chip in bootlid.

- engine management light comes on intermittently- tested and it claims 'insufficient air flow' due to a slightly coked-up EGR. Hasn't had it for a while though.

- pulls like a train through all the gears, with all the recent mechanical work done it's easily good for another 100,000+ miles.

- alloys are in pretty fair condition, could ideally use a refurb but mostly sound. Tyres are OK for another couple-few thousand miles.

Photos:

20121103_150531.jpg

20121103_150752.jpg

20121103_152403.jpg

20121103_152424.jpg

20121201_111742.jpg

20121201_104604.jpg

20121201_111428.jpg

20121201_111725.jpg

20121201_111343.jpg

The interior I realise I could have vacuumed a little better, but my driveway is a mess so the minute anyone gets in it to have a poke around, it just gets absolutely filthy.

The business:

- Happy for part ex as long as there is cash my way and I'm not getting a turd of a car.

- My price is taking into account a new driver's seat and some time sorting the paintwork, but I am happy to accept offers. The first person to offer me a firm £1,900 with a non-refundable £100 deposit can take the car away whenever they want.

- If the full asking price is achieved, I'll put in a statutory Haynes' manual. I also have a set of new headlamps that I'll bung in as the current ones are a bit on the misty side.

I won't bite, but I don't suffer timewasters gladly. I need this car gone as it's really cluttering up my driveway and we need to pop a different kind of skip currently where the Fabia is sitting. :giggle:

Free bump. It may be my fault the coilovers have gone missing! (Ben mentioned you have the warranty for them in your paper work which would be handy for me to have!) Pretty sure Sam is being very honest about the minor paintwork imperfections as I can't say I noticed any of what he mentioned when I removed the coilies, and I am rather anal about paintwork. Will be a bargain for someone who don't mind sorting the interior a bit. GLWS :)

i think its still about because of the high millage and no service book which effectively means in this day and age no service history.

Anyone with the right connections can fake a service history. You need a mate with a rubber stamp, an easily bought logbook and a pen.

The stack of receipts detailing work done are far more indicative. Also, if no service work had been done, surely something would've gone pop by now? 157,000 miles and 9 years will take its toll. It runs brilliantly. I will try again to locate the history though...

• Like 1

at this price being fussy is just unreasonable, especially as this has some long life poly bushes.

I always find a car from a briskodian is better than one with dealer history cos most are usually anal about oil, and have done all the life lengthening mods.

oh and 157k aint even close to being high

Anyone with the right connections can fake a service history. You need a mate with a rubber stamp, an easily bought logbook and a pen.

The stack of receipts detailing work done are far more indicative. Also, if no service work had been done, surely something would've gone pop by now? 157,000 miles and 9 years will take its toll. It runs brilliantly. I will try again to locate the history though...

Receipts over stamps any day!!

Good luck with the sale

Receipts over stamps any day!!

Good luck with the sale

kinda of agree but you thinking re-sellability and things are worth more with the tick in the box of Service History.

at this price being fussy is just unreasonable, especially as this has some long life poly bushes.

I always find a car from a briskodian is better than one with dealer history cos most are usually anal about oil, and have done all the life lengthening mods.

oh and 157k aint even close to being high

157k isnt high millage? thats 17000 miles a year over 9 years. does any one really know what these engines will go on to??

i know it seems im being an arse mate but i have been looking for some info on these and how they cope with high milage as i know some one who might be looking for one soon if job change happens

easy 300k mate, start a thread and ask the forum as they will know, it keeps vlads thread clear for interested people to make offers, oh and things are worth more with service history, but try find one at this price........

i would mr vlad, but the cash flow is terrible just now. You never know i might catch a break and can move on it. I would shed a tear for ma octy should that happen though

Edited by Lofty79

The engines are the same ones in taxis that go on for 500,000 miles plus. Check the high milers section in General Car Chat- they're unbeatable if looked after, which this one has been. I don't take it personally, the service history was promised and not been sorted so my hands are tied. :(

They are brilliant at just munching miles. My old Octy never missed a beat, had the same engine. Covered around 15k in under a year with ease. If you need to know anything else I'll do my best to answer!

Can I just add, I recently bought a vRS MK1 from this forum and its just ticked over to 155,000 miles...

Everything works, its running over 200bhp and has been looked after well.

£2,200 for a solid runner that if someone used for a couple of years then either sold on (for the same money no doubt!) or stripped you'd make money on this car!

I'f id not have bought the vRS I have now, and was still on the market for a cheap to buy, cheap to run but FUN car I would be dropping the OP a cheeky offer ;)

Good luck with the sale :) 

• Like 1