Fabia VRS Estate, daily drive. The car that won't be modified...

BossFox

Agree with the hearing controls - climatronic needs to be added for looks.

Doesn't feel fast all the time as its quite lazy to drive, engaging and fast when in the mood! Suits every day life I'd say.

Flappy paddles cheap? Plastic or what? Confused as same in the polo and octy vrs dsg...

Shame to see you sell it, had mine for 18 months now and love it. I was hoping you'd mod it :)

It's a good job we are not all the same, otherwise we'd all be driving the same car. :)

To me it didn't feel engaging or fast, even if I was giving it bootfulls, dropping gears and whizzing round corners.

It does all that very well, but there is no drama, sense of occasion or warm feeling.

Didn't know those other cars had the same paddles, but I've not driven them.

The only car I've driven with paddles is my Nissan.

I did consider the mod route, but it seems daft to start spending £££ on a car you can't connect with in the hope it gets better.

Particularly when the Citigo is well underway and I have a few small plans for the Yeti if I'm keeping it.

What with the few bits I've done to the Nissan too it's not been a cheap year... time to be sensible. (ish)

The problem is, I compare it to my 09 plate mkI before it was modified.

When I bought that I drove it 25 miles back to the office, got out, looked at it and wondered why I'd never come across it before.

It was a cracking little car.

Do know what you mean about it being a bit too easy to go quick. You are used to the Nissan and after being passenger in an early one everything feels slow after that. Speed isn't everything either. It's mostly weight that ruins a car and it's why I love the Swifts we have. You can heel-toe, left foot brake and give them a good kicking and it's great fun. You can't left foot brake in any VAG I've driven properly and there's no heel-toeing with DSG. I know it's faster that I could ever do it but it does take a little away from the fun of it.

It's a very clinical car but a little soft so not too serious either. It's really hard to explain but I like a little bit of roll between corners. That does add to the fun. I think if it didn't have that I would have got bored a long time ago. It's a bit sad but on my way home from the other shop it's a nice quiet NSL road home so I do like seeing how quick I can make it home. It's good for that. Rolling the car from corner to corner and getting the timing right is good fun. It's also the car I've got from home to Aberystwyth in the quickest time.

I still don't know what car I'm getting next as bang for buck I couldn't go wrong on the price on a new car. Used is a whole other argument and so many pros and cons and problems it was an easy option. I'm happy with the car but I am tempted in 2 years to sell the kayak, buy a boat so my cousin can tow that and I'll buy the latest Hachi-Roku. If it handles anything like it does on GT5 it will be epic.

Love affairs can be swift I guess :)

Look forward to the citi-go go, was just hoping you'd make a pukka vrs estate ;)

I want to put coilovers and some decent wheels on but potential new house puts that back if the queue.

• Like 1