VRS Front Brake Conversion

geza

Hi, I'm just after some advice on a bigger break conversion for my VRS (1.8T). Just looking for something cheapish, and straight forward.

And what will i deed for the conversion.

P.S. I'm not looking for 4 pots, just a set up off another car !

The vrs has the same brakes as Audi tt,s3 so you'll be looking at golf r32 or Leon cupra r set up if you won't a cheapish upgrade,are your brakes in good order?if not new discs/pad and fluid make a big difference

To tell you the truth, i've been quite surprised by the stopping power of the standard brakes on my newly aquired vRS. The guy who had it before looked after the brakes well with regular fluid changes and discs/pads when required.

The feel is superb and they are probably on par (at under three figure speeds anyway) as my Porsche Carrera, the only limiting factor being possibly the tyres/suspension choice.

I can't comment on extended hard use such as trackdays so fade may be a problem under those circumstances. Perhaps another Briskodian may have more experience in that respect, but for fast road use I find the standard setup (on mine anyway) more than adequate.

Just hope the Sharan rear caliper springs I have on order cure the "Mooing" i'm experiencing in reverse - or it's off to Skoda for their Anti-mooing kit at over £100 a pop......

Just a thought. You wouldn't happen to be using fast road or track pads such as EBC yellow? Some of those take a hell of a lot of heating up before they get to their optimam performance temperature.

Years ago I would put Mintex M171 pads on almost every car I had, only to discover standard pads were so much more effective for road use in most cases.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Carn't beat a nice set of brembo's :think: :think:

Alot agree with what said above for road use the standard stoppers with decent discs and pads are more than enough altho on track my bosch discs and pads suffered from brake faid but they took some real hammer

Pagid blue. Job done ;)

I've fitted Pagid blue's to pretty much every car i've bought whenever it's come around to time to change the pads, and they've never let me down.

Expensive, but fantastic. :)

I have generally always used the carbons - but I checked the price the other day and noted that the difference in price is negligable so I may plump for some ceramics when it comes around heh ;)

The lcr brembos are awesome! End of.

Youll need 5mm spacers with std 17" spiders tho

Mine are for sale just been sprayed up vrs green. Pritty much new discs and new pads.

They feel much bettrr on the foot and stop so so well and take ages to fade

Look stunning too.

• 4 weeks later...