BYE BYE SE- its been emotional!

Part exchanged my SE last week for an A3 cabriolet

Difficult decision as I've loved this car to bits since I got it , my first and probably only ever new car

tried everything on the market for a 70 mile round trip across country, at the money there was no substitute in terms of performance, running costs and equipment and although there were used ones after seeing one on the road I knew it had to be the SE

92000 miles with nothing but regular servicing 50 mpg a radiator repair (and a fair few tyres) what a superb car its been

Cheap to run fast as you like and even good in the snow!!

Every year I thought shall I change it but could find nothing I wanted instead so I kept it going

But having had an mg for sprinting earlier this year I was enjoying having the roof off and fancied a cabriolet day to day ( no point having a mid life crisis mobile if the roof doesnt come off is there!)

After a breif flirtation with the 1 series cab lovely car but RWD in the snow!! and just google" BMW theft"!! i settled on my first choice of the A3 as the abs successor

Took three months to find an Sline black edition, bose sounds system alcantara nav btooth heated seats cruise control etc at the right price right condition and right mileage and with an acceptable price to change for the Fab it had to be done,

but seeing the SE driven away was

"emotional"

Love the A3 though I do, I miss that car,

Vrs fab paricularly in SE form is still one of the best real world machines out there in my view and certainly one of the best cars Ive ever had, pity they dont make em any more

Whoever the next owner is they'd better take care of her!

Just had to share that and this seemed the right place, hope you dont mind

Cheers all

Lewis

Edited by Lewiscypher
  • Like 2

It's OK - we know what a Fabia SE looks like! (Who cares about the Audi? :) )

Something like this I imagine:

new_image_1.jpg

Mmmmn - nice....

EDIT - or this:

AETV61118258_1.jpg

Edited by DRJ

not that i'm been sexiest or having a dig! cos i would love to be able to afford something like that! but i do think they are a bit of womans car. all said each to there own! but i do like the black more than the white! (white is definitely the woman hairdresser car of the 2) :p

Nice car... an older A3 1.9 Tdi Quattro Sport, mapped up to 180bhp and much modified was the best car I have ever had and I do regret parting with it...

If only the Vrs had 4wd or the running gear of the A3 quattro...

• Like 1

You will be pleased to know I have returned to the skoda fold and now have your old car.

Not done many miles so far but I am pleased so far. A shame about the stone chipping but plenty of polish will keep it shiny.

Andrew tells me you are also a MG man, so am I with my summer plaything being a late MGR TF.

Enjoy your new A3 and be assured your VRS will be looked after. I plan on letting Andrew do any servicing in future.

One quick question, when the cambelt was done did they also change the water pump?

May run in to you at curborough when the MGCC sprints are on? I went twice last year

Adrian

Edited by Turbostream

Bloody hell that was quick!

Glad its gone to a good home

No water pump wasnt changed just cambelt

Dunno what happened on the chips, my theory is the race blue paint is softer than others, I had a daily cross country commute on rural roads, maybe it was that

You may indeed see me at curborough I did one of the mg club sprints for practice and probably will do next year

Youll recognise the TF its old english white and has black MG decals on it ( was factory prepped car originally- has an interesting history but this isnt the forum for MG talk!

Cabs a lovely car but a more relaxed drive than the fab and its not as effortlessly quick-(no bad thing for me as it was easy to go too fast in the fab, nearly got "scammera vanned" couple of months back.

Its a compliment to VRs capabilities that the only car I could find worth replacing it with would have originally cost twice as much!

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I gave her a quick polish today, so I hope I can keep her in fine fettle. I only wish the SE had the heated seats like my old TDi elegance I owned a few years back.

I am still wading through the receipts, I have never seen so many!

• 1 year later...

Hi LewisCypher, purchased your SE number 770 and is now in safe hands with me in Sheffield! Owned the car for the past couple of months and is superb! When I figure out how to post a picture I will

• Like 2

Hi LewisCypher, purchased your SE number 770 and is now in safe hands with me in Sheffield! Owned the car for the past couple of months and is superb! When I figure out how to post a picture I will

How many owners has it had since the OP now? 

Upload the pictures to imgur.com and post the link with the tags on it

Also, don't expect Lewis to reply Last Active 04 Dec 2012 22:11

By sheer coincidence I was having a browse, toying with the idea of getting another cheaper car as a winter car the cabs still going fine and works ok in winter but piling miles on it when the roof can't come off just to get to work seems Pointless. Keep it for summer when I run every day with roof off and love it.

So might sorn it over winter and run a vrs with winter tyres still got a set in the garage to fit it if I can find a decent unmolested one.but am on holiday so in daydream mode!

To answer question I bought it New, exchanged for the a3 cab with Andrew Chappell at volkswizard, not sure whose had it after that looks like your third owner if you discount passing thru Andrews hands

Such a lovely car, been doing a few quotes to get the bumper sorted as the stone chips bug me a bit but that's nothing major.

Yep the 3rd owner of the car, and I'll be keeping it for a while I think, can't pick any faults with it, on with some subtle changes, LCR splitter and had the alloys refurbed.

New to briskoda so not sure how to post any photos or anything but when i work out how I'll post some up.

Such a lovely car, been doing a few quotes to get the bumper sorted as the stone chips bug me a bit but that's nothing major.

Yep the 3rd owner of the car, and I'll be keeping it for a while I think, can't pick any faults with it, on with some subtle changes, LCR splitter and had the alloys refurbed.

New to briskoda so not sure how to post any photos or anything but when i work out how I'll post some up.

By sheer coincidence I was having a browse, toying with the idea of getting another cheaper car as a winter car the cabs still going fine and works ok in winter but piling miles on it when the roof can't come off just to get to work seems Pointless. Keep it for summer when I run every day with roof off and love it.

So might sorn it over winter and run a vrs with winter tyres still got a set in the garage to fit it if I can find a decent unmolested one.but am on holiday so in daydream mode!

To answer question I bought it New, exchanged for the a3 cab with Andrew Chappell at volkswizard, not sure whose had it after that looks like your third owner if you discount passing thru Andrews hands

Here's a few photos of the fab since its been in my hands

e1nVzUX.jpg

lX5Bf3W.jpg

3xct3R6.jpg