GTI International. New Venue for 2013 6/7 July 2013

devonutopia

Following on from the rather dangerous car VS crowd incident last year, it appears GTI International is moving to a dedicated quarter mile track for 2013, and I can't say I blame them! The venue is Shakespeare Raceway, Stratford, which is a great quarter mile drag track. There will be the usual GTI stuff going on, so time for me to organise a Brisky stand, as the club has been away from Inters for a few years now.

This weekend only is CHEAP TICKETS! I'll be booking mine - Full weekend and one night camping!

Special ticket offer - this weekend only - Third off gate price - Details below. Who's going?! I'll be aiming to get into the 12s on the drag strip. ;)

1) Devonutopia

Gate Price

Day ticket £15

- reduced to £10.00

Weekend £30

- reduced to £20.00

Weekend with one night camping £35

- reduced to £23.50

Weekend with 2 nights camping £40

- reduced to £27.00

Book on line from Friday 7th December 6pm to Monday 10th December 12 noon or by phone.

Go to www.gtiinternational.co.uk and choose the Tickets option on the lefthand side

Although I will continue to organise the stand, it looks like I will be on TDIsport stand as I booked my weekend ticket today and they've basically got their backsides in order sooner. I'll still sort the days out, and bring along the stand banner thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, oddly the non VW cars are all in make classes, wether 4x4 or 2wd or highly tuned.

I don't think they really care too much, it's mainly about the Vee Dubs. :)

Think I'll be in the Skoda class.

Of course, this is all dependant on my surviving Brisky How Fast? the weekend before in one piece... :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

1) Devonutopia

2) BossFox

3) Red Fox

4)Dan_The_V8Man

5) Phil.B

6) ilmor

Went last year was great! 1000bhp mk1 golf was amazing last year... never seen something move so fast!

EDIT: I will only be coming to the Saturday OR the Sunday not both. Does this mean I cant come on the stand?

Edited by ilmor

I would be surprised if you declare the mods that you get put into the skoda class. I would assume you will be in the "Extreme Machines" so a 9.9 second 1/4 to beat from last year ;)

I know Jason's is modified, but it's no fibreglass-bodied rocketship with an arrester parachute bolted on the back :-)

Apologies, my post was in reply to which class the citi-go-go-go-and-go would be in :D 

Probably more my mistake then for not reading back far enough :(

I saw your post after Jason's, put two and two together and got five

• Like 1