GTI International. New Venue for 2013 6/7 July 2013

devonutopia

I watched the 12.3 run - was very quick off the line, but didn't seem to pick up at first, but then it found some speed and went across the line @ 118mph.  So only 4mph more than me, but more than a second quicker thanks to the 4motion.  Really want 4wd. :(

I watched the 12.3 run - was very quick off the line, but didn't seem to pick up at first, but then it found some speed and went across the line @ 118mph. So only 4mph more than me, but more than a second quicker thanks to the 4motion. Really want 4wd. :(

I saw it run twice, couldn't tell you what it ran though. Did you see the Ferrari against the Fabia. Ferrari was a right let down lol.

The golf was cool, I thought it looked slow off the line but it went like hell after it was up to speed.

Would like to have seen yours down the strip. And Would have been great to see Richards Citygo-go.

There were definitely some quick cars on that strip including this:

9246945783_e4797acafa_b.jpg
_DSC9655 by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Which ran a high 11 I believe

And this:

9246906503_86c5459554_b.jpg
ADEdmunson Scirocco by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Is this the fastest car on the strip? 9.6 secs?

The sprints make good viewing but to be honest, I got bored of watching Golf Rs, RS3s, TT-RSs and all the other cars with DSG gearboxes running up the strip. OK, they're quick cars but anybody can do a 12 second quarter in a 12 second quarter automatic car.

• Like 1