changing number plate lights on new Fabia

AdamJMK

Seems that Skoda have changed what bulb holders are used for the rear number plate lights. Mine is a Dec 12 registered car and I can't remove the holder as it is no longer held in with a T10 or T15 screw.

There is now a slot for a flat bladed screwdriver to fit in and the manual states to angle the screwdriver towards the light casing and it should just remove, however I can't get it to do this.

Has anyone tried to remove the bulb holder, i'll try and get a picture to show you what I mean

ahhhh, not to worry, however as the bulb holder is of a revised design the festoon is a different size too, so the LED ones I ordered are now useless (if anyone with the old style bulb holder wants them please drop me a PM) - I don't know if the metal tabs can be bent to accomidate the larger festoons?

Don't know what you mean by revised bulb holders - mine is a 2009 model and these are the leds I've fitted and not T10 or T15s

sku_51002_1.jpg

as for the brackets yes they can be bent if the leds are slightly shorter or longer.

I had the same problem, i had 42mm festoons and had to order 39s and they now fit.. it is a bugger to get the housing off and you've got to be careful not to wreck the outer rubber seal around the housing.. but they do eventually come off, just don't slip and take a screwdriver through your nice new fresh paint!

• 3 months later...

Need help plz!

How did you managed to replace the bulbs?

I've tried many times to open this new bulb holder on my 2013 fabia :-(

I have same new bulb holder like you.

I wait your answer. Thx!

You have to put a flat headed screwdriver between the boot and the bulb holder, on the left side of the holder, apply a bit of pressure and they just pop out, not held on with screws anymore :)