Unveiling pics

Sorry veloplus, I have to agreed with Jockdooshbag on this - my Audi had the separate stalk for CC and whilst having it inbetween 2 Skoda's I found the setup to be much better and easier to control.

Obviously in this case with the potential for improved CC due to the adaptive setup, there was probably the need for a separate stalk.

Time will tell I guess - I did notice it too!

Just another comment on cruise control - my previous 2 cars had had buttons on the wheel, but now having the separate stalk in my Audi for nearly 4 years (and it looks exactly like the stalk in the Octy3 brochure), I think it works well. When I had my BMW 320d demo weekend, it had buttons on the wheel and I missed the stalk of the Audi. You don't have to take your hand off the wheel - it is just a stretch of the finger tips. Push away to disengage, pull in to resume, press lightly down / up to decrease / increase 1mph, press harder down / up to decrease / increase 5mph.

Edited by Juniperz

That sounds pretty good.

The problem with my Fiat one is that you have to turn a section of the stalk to speed up and slow down so you *do* need to take your hand off the wheel to use it.

Fingertip control would be better.

On the basis that the time you will be using Cruise Control, you won't be signalling to turn, I don't see an issue with it being a different stalk personally.

Edited by Herschel

Same here J, I just mean the number of times you use them compared to non-CC driving is minimal, so using another stalk isn't an issue IMO (although I like the current Octy layout).

Same here J, I just mean the number of times you use them compared to non-CC driving is minimal, so using another stalk isn't an issue IMO (although I like the current Octy layout).

Certainly not a big enough issue to specifically not buy a car because of it. Seems petty TBH. Having CC is a must for me. How its operated is virtually irrelevant as all systems ive used generally work fine albeit i preferred my last BMW's version but the version on my VRS is ceratinly no hardship and i wouldnt dream of not buying car due to such a trivial matter.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

I had a 318 with cruise on a seperate stalk and didnt like it. Found myself flashing people by pulling the indicator stalk instead of pulling on the cruise stalk. My mk2 vrs was easy to use and I prefered it. My current Mazda 6 has the controls on the wheel and its no problem, you can operate them without taking your hands off the wheel.

On the basis that the time you will be using Cruise Control, you won't be signalling to turn, I don't see an issue with it being a different stalk personally.

Perhaps it's something that you just get used to. I confess the prospect of active cruise is very attractive and would outweigh any inconvenience caused through the use of a separate stalk.

• 4 months later...