Unveiling pics

It's a shame the DSG shifter isn't like the current "air craft" style one.... Makes it look a little lost in the central panel.

I can't help think it's missing something....As with all Skoda's the back is always nicer than the front. Not saying it looks ugly it just looks a little stern so I think the RS should add a little more character to this Eastern European!

Do I spy heated electric seats on some of those shots? I like the fact the media inputs are in the glovebox rather than the boot. And is that radar cruise control on some of them?

I just hope they can make the vRS look aggressive enough... looks a bit bland as standard.

As with all Skoda's the back is always nicer than the front. Not saying it looks ugly it just looks a little stern so I think the RS should add a little more character to this Eastern European!

Looks pretty wide and imposing here, a good starting point for the RS and Scout I think!:

skoc100_50eb1eeeddf2a.jpg

Looks pretty wide and imposing here, a good starting point for the RS and Scout I think!:

skoc100_50eb1eeeddf2a.jpg

I think I prefer it without wheels! Looks fantastic there!

I don't think the photos are very thought out... theres no passion in the shots so I guess thats why it looks a little lifeless. I'm sure in the metal it'll be a lovely looking car!

Maybe this? :)

bbs-1_zpse2628e61.jpg

Nearly bought a set of 18" RSs today, but came to my senses and quickly paid the money off my mortgage instead before I could get tempted again!

Here they are :( ....

IMG_1594_zps93fcf17d.jpg

Nearly bought a set of 18" RSs today, but came to my senses and quickly paid the money off my mortgage instead before I could get tempted again!

Here they are :( ....

IMG_1594_zps93fcf17d.jpg

You've always got next month! :p

4618618287_d721a5a9e6_o.jpg

So simular!!! The colour and the evolution of the Skoda face!

Dont think they look that similar TBH. All saloon cars look similar but there are a ton of detailing differences between these two.

Bound to be some similarities as they are both skodas but almost every aspect / detail of the new octy is different. There isnt much you can really do to make it look different as then it wouldnt be a saloon car.

The styling on the octy is far more thought out and sculpted than the older superb just things like where the A pillar meeta the bulkhead, the old cars pillar just stops like they couldnt be arsed blending it in. These small differences all over the car make a big difference IMO.

I think it looks ok even in this basic spec version so the VRS should be really smart. The basic version of the octy 2 looks a bit naff IMO whereas the VRS manages to look quite smart.

Dont think they look that similar TBH. All saloon cars look similar but there are a ton of detailing differences between these two.

Bound to be some similarities as they are both skodas but almost every aspect / detail of the new octy is different. There isnt much you can really do to make it look different as then it wouldnt be a saloon car.

The styling on the octy is far more thought out and sculpted than the older superb just things like where the A pillar meeta the bulkhead, the old cars pillar just stops like they couldnt be arsed blending it in. These small differences all over the car make a big difference IMO.

I think it looks ok even in this basic spec version so the VRS should be really smart. The basic version of the octy 2 looks a bit naff IMO whereas the VRS manages to look quite smart.

I think the Superb still looks pretty timeless in its own right, I was just thinking Skoda are trending back to the fuss free clean designs they used to. I thought the MK1 Fabia was such a nice little product. With the pre facelift having the chrome edged indicator lenses, to the can cooler, and the subtle crease that ran from the bumper all the way over the a pillar, and to the rear of the car.

I was just saying the colours are simular, and that it would suit a large car in standard spec! though I think those wheels look a little small under the size of the car. :)

Hi, here are some pictures I took yesterday in Algarve, during the press presentation of the new Octavia.

It's a nice car, with pleasant proportions. Could not see the interior but first reviews seem to be positive.

From all colours I saw, I would say my choice would be that dark blue seen in the last picture (we call it here Blue Lava, not sure if in UK it's the same).

Anyway, enjoy some live pictures from Portugal: :happy:

P1020134_zps3b9fc69e.jpg

P1020136_zps5fc5ed62.jpg

P1020137_zps94da697d.jpg

P1020142_zps55e10e47.jpg

P1020153_zpsfd265224.jpg

P1020140_zps8508aa5e.jpg

• Like 1

That Lava Blue with a cream leather/alcantera interior in Elegance spec with 3 spoke flappy paddle and Canton sound system in 2.0TDI DSG.................where do I sign :think: :think: :think:

• Like 1

That Lava Blue with a cream leather/alcantera interior in Elegance spec with 3 spoke flappy paddle and Canton sound system in 2.0TDI DSG.................where do I sign :think: :think: :think:

Not that you've given it too much thought! ;-)

Have to say, I'm a big fan of that colour - is it the same as petrol blue over here like on the Superb?

Not that you've given it too much thought! ;-)

Have to say, I'm a big fan of that colour - is it the same as petrol blue over here like on the Superb?

I have seen it on the Superb and I didn't think much of it, but in that photo it seems to suit the new Octavia. My own car is Storm blue with cream 1/2 leather. If I decided to go for a black interior I would pair it with Steel grey (platin)

A few more pictures from today. I managed to find where Skoda is keeping the cars for this press presentation here in Algarve and could take some pictures with my mobile so quality is not so good, sorry guys. Note the Lava Blue seems to appear more dark blue but it is definitely my choice.

Some interesting details: the panoramic roof; the adaptive cruise sensor; and the small spoiler on the TSI180.

The cars will be staying over here until the 29th, hopefully I will be able to take more decent pictures...

20130118_131307.jpg

20130118_131830.jpg

20130118_131711.jpg

20130118_131108.jpg

20130118_131140.jpg

20130118_131335.jpg

20130118_131354.jpg

20130118_131255.jpg

Edited by brugom
  • Like 2

I wait to see these in the flesh - but I must say my first impression of these (and the rapid) was they look (front end) a bit like those old vauxhall cavaliers.

I think, as in most cars today, that pictures don't favour how they look. The first pictures I saw in silver were very disappointing but after seeing it in the flesh, in almost all colours available, I'm more impressed. I would say this new Octavia may not be the most exciting car around but still is very pleasant to look at.

A few more pictures from today. I managed to find where Skoda is keeping the cars for this press presentation here in Algarve and could take some pictures with my mobile so quality is not so good, sorry guys. Note the Lava Blue seems to appear more dark blue but it is definitely my choice.

Some interesting details: the panoramic roof; the adaptive cruise sensor; and the small spoiler on the TSI180.

The cars will be staying over here until the 29th, hopefully I will be able to take more decent pictures...

20130118_131307.jpg

20130118_131830.jpg

20130118_131711.jpg

20130118_131108.jpg

20130118_131140.jpg

20130118_131335.jpg

20130118_131354.jpg

20130118_131255.jpg

Thanks for posting! :)

So Panoramic sunroof option on the Hatch, not just the estate - nice! :) And that subtle rear spolier on the 1.8TSi is perfect to my eyes. :)