orignal rubber footmat mounting instructions

emix2001

It shold be very, very simple. BUT in the pictures it is not clear if have to make a hole in the ring where the car locking plugs take place.

By the way, why do they provide the kit with other plugs if the car car has its own already fixed on the floor?

My mats came with two holes already stamped out in the mats (at the end nearest the seats), the pegs were already mounted in the car floor, so it was just a matter of laying the front mats in place & pushing the mats onto the pegs which effectively make a watertight seal. I hope that helps... or have I misunderstood the original question?

Rear mats just lie in the footwells, no need for securing pegs.

Edited by speedsport

More or less. The holes on the mats are blind, they cover the pegs and more or less stay firm, but a picture on the instructions makes me think that I should drill into the thin diaphram of rubber. So at the moment I don't see the peg cap, while in the original footmat the peg ring is in plastic and whenever you lock it on the peg you can see the peg.

I have an SE plus which is fitted with carpet mats a standard.

I have placed genuine rubber mats on the top of them as I find them easier to keep clean.

They don't move around

My mats came with two holes already stamped out in the mats (at the end nearest the seats), the pegs were already mounted in the car floor, so it was just a matter of laying the front mats in place & pushing the mats onto the pegs which effectively make a watertight seal.....

Mine were dealer-fitted on delivery; they have raised edges and have the Yeti name moulded in. The two holes towards the back edge actually pierce slightly-domed reinforcement points. The floor pegs (can't tell how they're fixed) push through to come flush with the surface of the dome and, with normal grubbiness, the dome appears intact.

More or less. The holes on the mats are blind, they cover the pegs and more or less stay firm, but a picture on the instructions makes me think that I should drill into the thin diaphram of rubber. So at the moment I don't see the peg cap, while in the original footmat the peg ring is in plastic and whenever you lock it on the peg you can see the peg.

Ah, right... I think I've got it now.

It's nearly 3 years ago, but I seem to recall that there was a very thin membrane across the hole in the mat which I did indeed pierce as I fitted the mats in place. The peg then lies flush with the top of the rubber reinforcement around the locating hole and, being a fairly firm push fit, effectively seals it against water getting through the hole.

Hope this helps

John H

I have the OEM rubber mats and one hole in each mat was already perforated while the other one in each needed to be pushed through. It does hold it tightly as the mats haven't moved (other than during cleaning) in six months.