yes another help me choose a car thread....jap crap

stu_mcl

First world problems eh.

I couldn't have afforded to buy or insure any of your cars when I was that age. Expensive living on your own :(

Now common sense means I can't spend that much on a car/insurance :P

I know eh, nothing like not knowing which lump of metal to park in your drive

Im trying to make the most of it while i can before my situation changes and i have to "settle down" :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No personal experience but it was described to me as the evo is twitch on the edge the baru is a little more forgiving. Though listening to one of my mates whos just bought the hatch shape he seamed to imply that the engine is a time bomb. Though that might be because he's wanting 400 bhp out of it.

Classic rivals, Scoob and Evo.

I was a big Subaru fan so was anti-Evo but looking back I was on the wrong side.

I'd have the Evo.

Both have good clubs and I know the MLR forum is good.

Yes, the Evo seems more twitchy.

But that's because the Scoob is safer and not as good IMO.

Safe handling and understeer is for boring cars.

You can get the Evo really dancing and it's incredibly capable.

We do sprints over technical circuits in the GTROC as guests of the MLR.

The Evos muller the GT-Rs generally.

Im leaning more towards evos tbh, only thing worrying me is that they have more so go wrong with them like all the electrical diff stuff but i wanted to see if anyone knew diffrently?

Might join mlr in the next week or so and have a nosey about to see what homework i can do on what to look for, its just a pain that im limited to trade only as i need to trade the TT

Really fancy a yellow evo 8, just need to wait a couple of weeks till i turn 21 so i can insure it :)