remap help pls, vrs mk1

Lord

Hi , does anyone know if remap could improve fuel efficency?

I phoned Angel Tuning and they claim that on top of the power increase I could get

Improved MPG. Any truth to that or has anyone got some experience with that?

Thanks

You don't buy a VRS for fuel economy, you buy a diesel for that

Will a remap improve it on fuel, yeah mine did but as said above only if you drive it like a saint or do alot of long runs in it, i can see 40mpg on a good run but first time you hit the loud pedal it drops like a stone altho it puts a nice smile on your face,

Oh i recommend shark, they did mine and am more than happy

I recommend Shark too ;)

When your car is re-mapped, you will have more power and more torque available to you (the main point) but as a side benefit, with more torque you have less gear changes needed and less throttle input required for the same performance so as mentioned... drive miss Daisy and you'll see (a small) gain, use the extra power however and economy will be inversely proportional to your grin :evil:

Will a remap improve it on fuel, yeah mine did but as said above only if you drive it like a saint or do alot of long runs in it, i can see 40mpg on a good run but first time you hit the loud pedal it drops like a stone altho it puts a nice smile on your face,

Yeah thats what i mean, id love to have more power but on the other hand i drive to see my miss 60 miles both ways.

What BHP did you get after that Shark remap?

• 4 weeks later...

Depends if you are currently driving an mk1 octavia 1.8t 4x4.... :-) 35mpg would be a dream!!!!!

Edited by octy4x4smith

Hi , does anyone know if remap could improve fuel efficency?

I phoned Angel Tuning and they claim that on top of the power increase I could get

Improved MPG. Any truth to that or has anyone got some experience with that?

Thanks

find someone else who gets good reviews from angel, have a search online or on the site, a good map is important, don't jst go on price/location or promises of better fuel economy or loads of power, as its often not the case.

my vote goes to r-tech...

Yeah thats what i mean, id love to have more power but on the other hand i drive to see my miss 60 miles both ways.

What BHP did you get after that Shark remap?

don't go chasing BHP it is the torque that is important.

i have a Shark remap , I replaced my REVO stage 2 with it. Not been on rollers but quicker than my REVO 2. With the REVO 2 it was running 226BHP and 262lbs of torque.

As mentioned you will see slightly better fuel economy as the car is set up but reality is you actually loose MPG as you get heavier with your right foot with the fun from driving with extra power.

If you are worried about MPG a VRS is not the right car.

I can get 35-40 on a run, and anyone who knows me, i drive far from like a grandad. I managed a whopping 412 miles from a tank driving in Europe at their motorways speeds, and more

It's not soo much about how you hit the accelerator but more what you do after that. it's all about Roadcraft, anyone who drives a lorry will know what I am on about.

It's about looking ahead of you, not just a car or two but 5,6,7 cars ahead to see what traffic is doing, braking loses you mpg in long run as you have wasted energy,, just try lifting throttle a bit to slow rather than braking. also traffic lights is interesting one too. you use 40% of engines power to set off from stand still, however if you are rolling that figure is reduced an so fuel efficiency will increase., and figures for fuel saving at lights goes up the faster you are rolling so to speak.

But the VRS is sooo much fun when you hit loud pedal, Bowders is right, dont chase BHP chase torque. I have SHARK map too, cant fault it. But look around, some people are getting crazy figures now from turbos. R-Tech have got 260bhp with water meth out of k03s. and it's rather pokey too.