Just goes to show what a stealer will try to get away with price wise

I had my new to me 05 Octavia in for a engine oil & filter change yesterday at Palmers Watford and they picked up that the near side puddle light was not working.

I asked for them to send me through a price.

Received price of just over £125 inc

Inclusive of what i have no idea, but it has just taken me 10minutes to strip the wing mirror down, replace with new bulb (15p) and put back together.

Mind i must say thanks to Palmers for picking it up as i thought only the drivers side had the puddle light up until yesterday

Just out of interest, the dealer also picked up a fault on diagnostics with the glow plugs. Am i right in thinking the vcds should identify the specific glow plug which is faulty or would it just show all four?

Just they wanted £185 for x4 glow plugs fitted

Edited by Northlodge

'inclusive' will likely have meant including VAT.

£125 is hugely exagerated. I don't know what the dealers labour rates are down south but mine is £90/hour (Pulman Durham) which I think is very high.

Assuming they round up to the nearest hour, £90 plus a £2 bulb plus VAT = £110.40.

I dread to think what you paid for an oil and filter, hopefully no more than £129 inc. VAT...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/national-pricing/pages/servicing.aspx

Engine oil and filter plus a new fuel filter was £119 so not to bad tbh. They also included a engine flush, which i never asked for and would not want again as don't really think it's needed.

Mind when i initially asked for the engine oil, filter plus fuel filter they quoted me £139 for a lubrication service, plus £38 for the fuel filter. Was not until i re-iterated i did not want a service just the specified items it was reduced to the £119.

Again just makes you wonder how many people just agree and pay up.

I fitted a new air filter, cabin filter and rear wiper blade today again only took 10minutes if that per item, the wiper probably 30seconds

Edited by Northlodge