Uprated Alternator?

Liam-6

I'm a real bass head. My main listening content is drum n bass and currently have a 1200w inphase sub and 900w Amp fitted.

Now, ive had the problem of the headlights / dash dimming for a while when the volume gets pretty...Ahem, LOUD. This is slightly annoying.

Rather than just bodge with a powercap, i'd like to do the job properly and fit a better alternator to solve the problem.

So the question is, where do i source one from?

Cheers.

Edited by Liam-6

Carn't see a bigger alternator making much differance as it still won't be able to react fast enough to stop lights dimming,

I wouldn't call a power cap a bodge as thats what there designed to do once there charged up as they can release power alot quicker than a battery or alternator ever would be able to

Soz tapatalk won't let me edit my post lol

Was gonna say my sierra used to do it till I put a transit battery in and it cured it

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Tapatalk lets you edit, I have done it few times. You just click on your post and you get lots of options, like multi quote, quote, edit etc.

I have tapatalk 2 so maybe different.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Tapatalk lets you edit, I have done it few times. You just click on your post and you get lots of options, like multi quote, quote, edit etc.

I have tapatalk 2 so maybe different.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Had a bug or something will let me edit now lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

But then its split charge fiddling im afraid

I agree with this, split charging system would work best for bigger systems, you could use a deep duty cycle battery in the boot right next to the amplifiers.