front suspension arm rear bush replacement

They can be removed with a screwdriver and hacksaw, putting them back in maybe a tad more difficult, i used press at work but might be able to use a socket and hammer i suppose unless you get polybushs and they usually slot in top and bottom

just buy a wishbone with bushes and joints all installed. £37 the pair for driver and passenger sides and all bushes etc ready to fit on fleabay

Edited by Lofty79

I bought OEM bushes and replaced the front and rear on both arms. I used a 10tonne press (as below) which was ok, but you needed to wiggle the arm about to get it in the right position. I have various items at my disposal to use to press out the old bushes. Pressing in front (smaller) bush, I used a vice as it was easier to get the alignment right.

1022.jpg

Edited by mbames

Thanks everyone, think this one may be out of my remit so may need to seek garage assistance

Job is easy , you do not need a press just a bit of patience.

For the large rear bush on the wishbone all you need to do is drill around the rubber bush to then push out the bush centre. Then either use a hack saw to carefully cut the outer bush housing. Then you just use a flat screwdriver to knock out the housing. Fitting new bushes you can use a vice then press the new bush in.

The front bush of the wishbone if replacing that too you can get a couple of sockets, 1 oversize to allow the bush to go inside it and 1 undersize that you use to press through the wishbone again using a vice.

Done this loads of times.

will dig out some pics

I've got the bush ready to go in, just the job seemed a little to big of a job for me but may be able to do that, I take it I need to take whole arm off car to do then

yes but thats easy, ball joint, front and rear bush bolt, droplink and done its off.

just do this, both done all 3 joints and bushes in ready to go on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-SKODA-OCTAVIA-1-4-1-6-1-8-1-9TDI-2-0-2-3-2X-NEW-FRONT-WISHBONES-99-05-/280963887599?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416ac0b1ef

its what i did, if your not a race driver these are just fine, took me 40 mins to do both

dont have to, but i liked the idea of just having a new front end, i did track rod ends and drop links too. whole lot was £60 all in, every joint. Even if i have to do it every 2 years its still bluddy cheap

yes should do both..

ok then...............yes both, and if your like bowders, paint them, polish them, buff them, laquer them, and only drive it when its dry haha. the underneath of his car is like a chintz factory

ok then...............yes both, and if your like bowders, paint them, polish them, buff them, laquer them, and only drive it when its dry haha. the underneath of his car is like a chintz factory

lol

don't know what you mean

AudiTTFrontSteeringoverhaul081.jpg

SkodaVRSARBreplacement041.jpg

20121103_131252.jpg

Dads2010260.jpg

KWV2Rear5.jpg

KW before i refurbed them

SkodaVRSKWrefurb10.jpg

after refurb

Havant-20111218-00352.jpg

VRSEngineBayPics201214.jpg