Cornering Lights

Feebet

• 2 months later...

Also for the record, I also enabled:

- Auto door lock at 10mph (although dealer said not possible!)

- Anti hijack single door unlock

- Coming home lights (illuminated fogs/drl for 30sec after leaving car)

I have no idea why such good features are deactivated. The Citigo is even safer now!

What is the code for the Coming Home Lights (eg. STG ?/Byte ?/Bit ?)

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I've not got it. I've tried today. I've changed the bits and nothing happened :-(

I do not why. The connection with the car was OK, no error massages. This is the information from log file:

VCDS Version: Release 11.11.3
Data version: 20120401

I wanted to activate cornering lights, coming home lights, and tear wipe, but nothing happened.

What I could, was to activate the parking lights and to adjust the fuel consumption.

Then I've checked if the DRL were active and comparing the known codes they were not active, but my Citigo has them as serial since I bought it.

All codes I used were here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285960-vag-comvcds-for-citigo-a-definitive-guide-to-the-citigos-options/

Can anybody help and say me what was wrong?

Thanx to everybody.

Hi,

I've not got it. I've tried today. I've changed the bits and nothing happened :-(

I do not why. The connection with the car was OK, no error massages. This is the information from log file:

VCDS Version: Release 11.11.3

Data version: 20120401

I wanted to activate cornering lights, coming home lights, and tear wipe, but nothing happened.

What I could, was to activate the parking lights and to adjust the fuel consumption.

Then I've checked if the DRL were active and comparing the known codes they were not active, but my Citigo has them as serial since I bought it.

All codes I used were here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285960-vag-comvcds-for-citigo-a-definitive-guide-to-the-citigos-options/

Can anybody help and say me what was wrong?

Thanx to everybody.

Is there any reason why you are using VCDS software that is likely to be older than the car?

This is where I would be looking first. Are you using a dodgy cable or hacked software?

If not download the latest software and try again.

This is a BCM specific problem, if it supports cornering, coming home you can, but for my instance it is not possible to code it, probably because of unsupported BCM. Thats why dealer asks to get the car plug in.

In what way adjust the fuel consumption? and what was the coding info (eg. STG ?/Byte ?/Bit ?)

Does no one see/use the pinned Citigo VCDS Codes? I spent hours slaving over a Laptop digging out/trying those codes !  :nerd:  :giggle:

• Like 1

I tried to activated on mom Citigo with VCDS 12.10.3 version, build date of Citigo is 2013-December (i think it's model year 2014), and it's not working. The Citigo is Elegance with all equipment.  Also coming/leaving home it's not working. I think there must be some diffrent wires in model year 2014 for corner light's like on Fabias. 

I tried to activated on mom Citigo with VCDS 12.10.3 version, build date of Citigo is 2013-December (i think it's model year 2014), and it's not working. The Citigo is Elegance with all equipment.  Also coming/leaving home it's not working. I think there must be some diffrent wires in model year 2014 for corner light's like on Fabias. 

Again the comment I made on 2/2/14 applies to you also:

Is there any reason why you are using VCDS software that is likely to be older than the car?

This is where I would be looking first. Are you using a dodgy cable or hacked software?

If not download the latest software and try again.

• Like 1

I think the software it's a half a year older then a car, but not the model (Citigo). I am using chinese VCDS cable and SW, maybe because of that but i can see the functions/bytes and also i can activated and deactived them. You think the original software and cable would made any diffrence?

If so, i am thinking of buying the original equipment.

I think the software it's a half a year older then a car, but not the model (Citigo). I am using chinese VCDS cable and SW, maybe because of that but i can see the functions/bytes and also i can activated and deactived them. You think the original software and cable would made any diffrence? If so, i am thinking of buying the original equipment.

Well it is certainly possible to activate them on a Citigo, it is also a known fact that hacked SW and cheap cables will not activate some things,

as the SW is updated more and more things become available, so yes I would certainly have a go with a genuine Ross-Tech interface (either buy your own or find someone who has it) 

Version is not about frequency range in VCDS, if you can code it you can code it, if you know byte and bit exactly. The only difference is; you do it blindly. I have 12.12.0 latest legit cable and I have to say that if it says "Frequency out of Range" for Cornering Function  you cannot change this with an updated vcds cable. Your BCM simply is not capable of that, period.  

• Like 1

Maybe Skoda have cottoned on to all the options that people are actevating (coding) and done some thing about it?

• 4 weeks later...

Version is not about frequency range in VCDS, if you can code it you can code it, if you know byte and bit exactly. The only difference is; you do it blindly. I have 12.12.0 latest legit cable and I have to say that if it says "Frequency out of Range" for Cornering Function  you cannot change this with an updated vcds cable. Your BCM simply is not capable of that, period.  

I tried these codings on my new VW High Up (non-bluemotion) and cornering function/coming home do not work. I get the same "out of range" error for the cornering. They've clearly changed something in the newer models.

I also found something on a Dutch Up forum about cornering/coming home function only working on the bluemotion models due to the way the lights are wired.