emergency fuel flap release?

Tbolt

Hey Gerry,

Wife ill with Noro virus so neither of us getting much sleep tonight. Found this, not sure it answers your question exactly though. This section seems to suggest it's under the boot lining carpet. As far as I can gather the procedure is as follows:

1. Open your boot

2. Remove boot trim nearest the filler cap.

3. In the metal shell of the car there are 2 holes cut out, through which you should be able to see a metal rod with a white plastic bit at the top - that's what you're after.

4. You need to push the white bit upwards. It's very tricky to get to and you'll need small hands to reach it. Pull that up and the flap should open.

Although, before you start ripping carpet out of the boot you you may be better off having a listen to the filler cap release when you lock/unlock your car. If you can hear power going to it, slide a small screwdriver through the gap and apply just a little levering pressure to the fuel filler cap (side closest to the rear of car) and try using the remote to lock/unlock the car several times. If that doesn't work, try the exact opposite by pushing the fuel filler cap in a little with your hand. It may just be that it's come to rest in a position where it needs a small jolt to set it free. Easy way to know if power is getting to it would be to use the fuel filler release button on drivers door to listen for any actuator noise.

Best I can do I'm afraid because I don't have the same model as you. Hope you get it sorted buddy, hope your wife is doing well too.

Also, check this forum post, this one and finally this one for DIY guides. Both guides for the fabia but probably similar.

Edited by allclownsareevi

Many Thanks for your reply Allclownsareevi.

Sorry you had a restless night and appreciate your efforts. I was awake too but could not be bothered to get out of bed. Thanks for asking about my Wife after two ops she has a good prognosis and starts chemo this week.

The dreaded water ingress has caused the problem so needed to sort the manual option.

After stripping back the carpet yesterday I found the release mechanism is different to what is shown in the hand book :swear:

My web searching had not given me the answer I needed so I put up this post.

I managed to get my hand behind the solenoid this morning and it was possible to grip the cable and pull. This opened the fuel flap.

I will post a photo when I can.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the photo. Dammit, I was going to post the two schematic illustrations below, but didn't want to bombard you with links and info in case they were contradictory. Wish I'd posted them now.

Regarding the CCM repair, an auto electrician would be able to repair connections or maybe a fellow forum member with experience could help? (hint, hint. Maybe a forum member nearby would be interested?)

Fuelfillerreleasemech1_zps9deed78c.jpg

Fuelfillerreleasemech2_zpse4c30004.jpg

It's good news so far about your wife. Hope that trend continues and everything works out as best as possible buddy.