Octavia 3 UK pricing and Availability

After the fiasco of the Rapid pricing and spec what do Briskoda fans think Skoda UK will serve up for Octy 3?

Looking at the current model range I think its a safe bet there will be a 1.4 Elegance and 2.0 CR Elegance.

The current 1.4 has a list of £17,000 approx and the Diesel one £20,000 approx. Of course for the last 3 years plus there has been a 20% VAT reduction on full time. So my guess for the 1.4 Elegance would be £18500 and the diesel around £22000.

I think anything more than 10% more for the MK3 will make owners go elsewhere and possibly less.(some premium brands have very attractive PCP deals where the payments are no higher due to better residuals). Current owners like myself will face a big increase in price as VAT free will be off and the current long running offer has had a negative impact on PX values.

Any ideas when real pricing and order availability will happen?

It depends a lot on how much they expect to sell them to company car buyers.

Over inflated list prices with perma-discounts are a good sales tool for private buyers who like to feel that they have saved money but when it comes to company cars the list price is everything.

It restricts your choice of available vehicles and your tax is done on P11D value, no matter how much your employer actually paid for it, so you can find that premium brands don't cost much more than far more ordinary vehicles.

I think the new car will be prohibitively expensive....I think Skoda are trying to move upmarket....I personally think that means charging more for a product that in reality wont be a million times better than the current car with no meaningful discounts. Be like the Yeti all over again...that still hasnt appeared on the VAT scheme.

Ive just bought one of the last Blackline DSG estates for that very reason. 19k vs 25/26k that a vRS CR DSG wagon will likely cost with a bit of spec....I know what i'd rather have.

Edited by pipsyp

Remember that some of the increased prices will be offset by what will probably substantial better resale values as it will still be a current model and not discounted heavily. Could be key depending how you finance the car.

But agree it needs to be a balance if they're going for the fleet market, and they do need to sort the spec/options out and not have a Rapid situation (or even some of the stupid no-go combos they had with the Octy 2)

They don't really need to do they with production at capacity and waiting lists already long.

Skoda is meant to be a high value proposition; paying list price for a Yeti in my mind is not high value. I'd rather have a Tiguan at that money.

There are always Skoda die hards that'd be prepared to pay top whack for one of their cars (many such people on Briskoda) but I only ever bought a Skoda because it was such good value compared to an equivalent VW/Audi; that I really quite like their cars was somewhat secondary.

If they so what I fear they will.....gradually replace the current model line up and do away with the VAT discount.....they'll be alienating customers like me. I'll be looking at Passats and A4s next time if it turns out that way.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

Prices and specs here

£2000 up on old model, poverty spec hatch starts at £16k.

2013 Skoda Octavia prices

1.2 TSI S £15,990

1.2 TSI SE £17,190

1.4 TSI SE £18,390

1.4 TSI Elegance £20,240

1.6 TDI S £18,040

1.6 TDI SE £19,240

1.6 TDI Elegance £21,090

2.0 TDI SE £20,140

2.0 TDI Elegance £21,990

:thumbdown: Skoda UK shooting oneself in foot me thinks

Edited by xman

I hope I don't regret saying this but here goes.............I think in Ireland we won't be hit as bad, the new model,especially the 2.0 diesel has significantly lower emmisions and since our VRT makes up a fair % chunk of the selling price and the VRT is based on emmisions, the new lower Co2 ratings should help us over here on the Emerald Isle.

• Like 1

Much higher spec, just gone through my brochure from when I got mine to compare list prices (seems your stuffed if you want an Elegance or 1.4)

1.2 TSI S

£15,990 (£14,135) +£1,855

1.2 TSI SE

£17,190 (£15,145) +£2,045

1.4 TSI SE

£18,390 (£15,680) +£3,250

1.4 TSI Elegance

£20,240 (£16,780) +£3,460

1.6 TDI S

£18,040 (£16,500) +£1,540

1.6 TDI SE

£19,240 (£17,510) +£1,730

1.6 TDI Elegance

£21,090 (£18,610) +£2,460

2.0 TDI SE

£20,140 (£18,750) +£1,390

2.0 TDI Elegance £21,990 (£19,850) +£2,140

So seems a basic diesel VRS hatch will be about the £24k mark, depending on spec and residuals (if poor an Audi or BMW will definitely work out cheaper) I might still look at one when I replace mine.

Can understand why VAG are now shifting Seat to be the cheaper brand with what's going on in Spain and how Skoda has gained a better reputation (although it is a risk to do this as it may alienate a lot of existing Skoda drivers).

Basic model is just under a grand cheaper than the equivalent New Golf 5 door (c.£300 for 3 door - if you're not after space I can see where you'd go).

The residuals on a VW will always be better so a Golf seems a better investment if you don't need the boot space (the new Golf has more interior space than Octavia 2)

The price increase is even bigger given the 20% VAT offer will be off. Spec on Elegance looks quite good - what about the 1.8 ???

Days of cheap skodas are long gone going way out of their depths and are going to loose a lot of business especially in the taxi trade the cars are too expensive and the DPF filter affects the reliabilty they are driving them away best octy ever was the mk1 1.9 TDI the latest you can get one at least what I seen was a 09 plate, the engines and build quality was spot on and I had three of them and good cars but now..... Not so good come on skoda

• Like 1

I agree it offers good value. Considering it'll be better equipped than the comparable Golf and bigger (uses the longest iteration of the MQB platform in this class) internally as well as in terms of boot space, call me weird but Id happily even pay the same price as a Golf knowing I was getting 'more'. :) I would like to know whether the 1.4 was the 140ps unit with cyclinder deactivation though. :)

I have just had a test drive in a new Golf VII and was very impressed when compared with my existing 2012 Audi A3. Price wise the Golf, with the options I would specify would work out nearly £2,000 cheaper than the same new A3. Some of this is down to the Golf having items as standard which are options on the new A3. It will be interesting to price up a similar speced Octavia to see how it compares.

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know if it's possible to change the order of posts on the forum so that the latest post appears at the top of the list rather than having to scroll down to the bottom. Thanks

No L&K - - they said this was going up-market!

If you look at the spec, it seems that all the kit has all moved down a grade so an Elegance now has similar toys to an L&K, the SE seems close to the old Elegance and so on.

It's no longer the budget car that the Mk1 Octavia was.

When I got my Elegance in 2006, i had to spec half leather (900euro), ESP (600euro) Heated seats (300euro) Multi function wheel (200euro), that alone makes up the price increase.

I also had so spec the Audience(bolero now standard)