Snow!

Chan110

Started here an hour ago but it had rained a bit earlier, so only now beginning to settle. Doesn't look like it will amount to much at this rate. I guess I'll find out one way or the other tomorrow.

Just been out for a cig and guess what.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, but it's only light and settling on the fence posts with a little dusting on the roofs, it's melting as soon as it hits the path.

I just looked out of the window...nothing. I also envy the fact that you smoke.

Yep, seems a bit anticlimactic this morning given all yesterday the weather forecasts were screaming that we'd all have to leave our houses via the upstairs windows and ski to work. There's possibly a mm here and its melting.

Yep, seems a bit anticlimactic this morning given all yesterday the weather forecasts were screaming that we'd all have to leave our houses via the upstairs windows and ski to work. There's possibly a mm here and its melting.

Usual news reporter trying to create a story out of nothing and all they end up doing is panicking the suckers that believe them. We have had a bout a week of "be prepared" stories. Got snow wet stuff yesterday that only just made things wet and now its raining.

The news was obviously prepared to report on the no event as they are carrying stories this morning of how the cooncils are prepared and showing nice pictures of snow ploughs not snow ploughing!

Started here an hour ago but it had rained a bit earlier, so only now beginning to settle. Doesn't look like it will amount to much at this rate. I guess I'll find out one way or the other tomorrow.

Very poor show - Turkish Delight comes with a more generous dusting!

Aye, can't beat them...which is why I'm still on summer tyres. Love being a student at times!

I'm in the same boat as far as not being able to afford the luxury of winter tyres.

I work part time and have a limited budget.

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone have consider / used part-worn winter tyres?

I have used part-worn summer tyres for years without problem

And only buy branded ones.

But never tried part-worn (and as one member recommended:

only buy with above 4mm still left)

• Like 1

Why do drivers not take the time (all of 5 mins) to brush the snow off their cars in the morning especially their lights.

True!

Its actually illegal to drive with unclear lens and movable load on roof (incl. snow!)

Its just the modern society life - isnt it?

No time.

Thts ppl excuses anyway.

Just imagine the amount of time whn u brake and the snow on roof shifts onto your windscreen - eeek!

I keep a broom at the bottom of my driveway during winter for just this. Only takes a moment to brush the car down and good to go. I learnt the (nearly) hard way a few years ago with my Passat. Driving on the motorway the thin layer of snow slid down onto the back window and sat lodged against the boot lid. With no rear wiper I had to stop and clear it.

SNOWMAGEDDON!!!

Judging by the headlines vs the weather report I think most journalists need a crash course in telling the difference between CM and M.

Strangely we had about 2cm of snow on poorly gritted roads but by the miracle of common sense everyone slowed down and got where they were going about 5min later than any other time. Admittedly I didn't see the usual numpties in X5s doing stupid overtakes; they must have been out earlier.

We had a wee bitty snow this morning.

That was not the problem, it was the ice it fell on then the thaw and the plonkers driving on it this morning

.Lots of little fender benders once people stopped spinning their tyres, then never thought that they might not be able to stop.

That includes 4x4 drivers that think they can just drive too fast and too close and have not yet found out that they will be unlikely to stop safely under control.

THen there are those with,

DRL's on, or sidelights and fogs, lots of no lights on & very few just with Sidelights and dipped beam.

I think this winter will be worse than any previous for cars with unsuitable tyres on brand new cars, and drivers without a clue.

george