Urgent HELP needed please

Evening,

sorry guys n gals, this is not an Octy but the fabia section is once again turning up with sweet FA........

http://youtu.be/6_rOLXJrkhs

I have this rattle, wasnt there when I set off to work on friday night but was there when I got to work

I didnt rag it there was a nice steady drive.

Symptoms are:

Metalic rattle on tickover only when stationary

Doesnt do it all the time but 90% of the time

clutch in or out makes no difference

tickle the throttle to 1100rpm and it goes

Its not the undertray

Ive had it up on ramps and its coming from the lower part around the fly housing but hard to hear for sure, IF you hold the engine steady and push back to the cabin it seems to stop/dull the sound. Car drives ok, I also need it for work and I do 80 mile a day.

Ive had some feelings for a while the DMF is on its way out as there is a slack knocking feeling from it when engaging gears and disengaging.

also since the remap Ive had some slip in 3rd and up at around 2.5k rpm but Ive not had it in a while as Ive learnt to drive steady to preserve it as much as pos.

Could it be the DMF?

whats your thoughts please

Car:

mk1 Fabia vRS

1.9TDi

6 speed

SuperPRO engine steady/dogbone mount

Shark stage 1 Remap

std clutch (original as far as Im aware)

cheers

billy

typical as the damn thing is in for MOT in the morning.

Will get them to look at it as they are a good bunch.

Cheers tho mate, at least its something, had naff all from the fabia section as usual. as if I am invisible in there lol

yea thats the thing I hate about it.

nippy, economical and not a bad drive but the sound it makes and the vibration is bloody horried.

cant wait to get rid of the octy bits now. need a petrol replacement for some fun

i kinda like the fabia tho, out the box my mapped one was faster than my octy in real world driving, ie to the shops etc, had to work the octy more.

they do make a cak noise though!

Dont get me wrong i love it. But the octy had it all. The fabia looks bit naf tho in comparrison.

Gonna miss my octy a lot.

What bits you got left of your octy Billy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

yup,thats the one i was thinking of, have to say, quite some car!

i kinda want it, but won't buy another audi unless its tiptronic/dsg

Edited by Oet

yup,thats the one i was thinking of, have to say, quite some car!

i kinda want it, but won't buy another audi unless its tiptronic/dsg

I love those shape and nice colour, could be my next car......would have to be a quattro.

Love a RS4

I love those shape and nice colour, could be my next car......would have to be a quattro.

Love a RS4

yup my thoughts too, an epic car, no audi should be made without quattro! i keep thinking s6 avant as mine

Not bothered about the vibs. Just the noise but its all sorted.

Mark. Still lots left mate. Someone is after the seats. Mods wise a lot has gone. Need the kws gone now really. But finding someone that can afford the best is hard.

Are you wanting anything?

Not bothered about the vibs. Just the noise but its all sorted.

Mark. Still lots left mate. Someone is after the seats. Mods wise a lot has gone. Need the kws gone now really. But finding someone that can afford the best is hard.

Are you wanting anything?

you might need to drop the price billy, as a general rule i won't pay more than 60-70% at the most of the new price for secondhand stuff. Otherwise people will just buy it new as they get the warranty etc.

I know they are mint, but i saw a set of v3s for sale not long ago for a lot less (albeit slightly more used).

these have not been used and the warenty is still there plus all the paperwork is there too to fill in. they are still less than you can buy them for and they come with everything needed to fit them which is a fair bit too. LCR tops are like 30+ each are they not

oh well I not giving stuff away thats for sure

na, don't give it away, but to be honest, most people will buy new, if you are asking nigh on new money, that way if something goes wrong, they can go back to the shop, buying secondhand doesnt give you this option.

If you have had no interest at that price, kinda indicates that people probably won't that much..

The last v3s i saw for sale were £650...